• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuttering after rendering video dlog

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a sequence in Premiere Pro using DJI Mavic 3 Dlog footage, got it cleaned up and looking sharp. I have audio to go with and video playback at 1/2 is smooth as glass. So I export to 4k as shot. Go to play it on my PC and it stutters horribly. The audio does not but the video does. This is my first time using DLog footage as I wanted a more deeper contrast and cleaner look and it's also the first time this has happened. All my other projects recorded in non Dlog renders perfectly fine. Any help would be wonderful. 

I have 5950x AMD running at 4.8 max

3080ti 12GB EVGA 

32GB Corsair RGB Pro 3200mhz

Gen4 M.2 SSD

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you all would probably want an example here is the one that doesn't work and the one that does

Doesn't work

https://youtu.be/QeYHBNNkzRQ

Does work both 4k 60fps

https://youtu.be/pGi0KNnhl80

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David28136002m997!

Thanks for providing a detailed post. Can you share some sample files with us to test? https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html

Let us know.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvG6_Zu1HAAtiPJYcJtRegGdjSsiPg?e=QfKDmj

This is an unaltered, un converted DLog video that I used to create my video, I have several but they all do the same thing. They will playback in windows just fine, but when used to create my video in Premiere the render prod of it stutters bad.

Please let me know if there is anything else you need. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the sample clip! We will send this to our color engineers to see if the color space could cause a lag after export. To clarify – when you play the footage back inside Premiere, it plays back smoothly, correct? The lag only appears after you export it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only plays smoothly if it's at half playback resolution. It will stutter off and on at full. The animations I have and the sound don't stutter in the export only the video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stuttering at full playback is not surprising with 4K footage! Glad that 1/2 playback is working for you. Stuttering video after export is very surprising, though. Have you tried using Software Encoding as a test?

Software Encoding Export Settings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried both. I have tried reducing it to full HD and HD and still the same issue. The only thing that worked was just using media encoder and re-encoding it in 4k. But I lose a lot of depth doing this and I have not seen anyone who has videos regarding log videos have to do this so there is an issue with either the program itself or with my log files. But since I uploaded my original log you all can test that theory and see if you get the same result. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines