• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System Compatibility Report with Nvidia driver NVS 4200M. I've updated its drivers but yet no change

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidhwa2978_0-1586996281358.png

davidhwa2978_1-1586996319407.png

I've also got Intel HD graphics 3000. How can this be resolved? Thanks.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That GPU is now completely obsolete. The Quadro NVS 4200M is a Fermi-generation GPU whose support from Nvidia itself had completely ended back in 2018. Unfortunately for those who keep PCs and GPUs for longer than three years or so, Nvidia had introduced several newer driver branches in the Quadro line which no longer support Fermi GPUs at all in between that time and the time that Premiere Pro 2020 was released.

And the HD Graphics 3000 is from the Sandy Bridge days of 2011. That IGP never supported GPGPU processing (not even OpenCL), so the Sandy Bridge CPUs are effectively treated as requiring a discrete GPU for the purposes of Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, so does that mean I can't ever use Premiere Pro on my laptop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try. Just don't be surprised that your laptop crashes in the midst of doing any work in the newer versions of Premiere Pro.

And moving forward, Adobe is now only making the two most recent (or newest) major releases available for download via the Creative Cloud desktop app. And as time progresses, don't be surprised that the last version that was compatible with your older hardware becomes permanently unavailable anywhere.

This is exactly why I do not recommend buying a laptop, especially a cheaper one, for the purpose of doing work in Premiere Pro. You see, most laptops have both the integrated graphics and any added discrete GPU enabled at the same time, which may cause problems. And the cheaper laptops all too often use low-end and/or outdated parts (old-generation parts that had been re-badged with new names) inside of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be able to use it, but you won't have any GPU acceleration and won't be able to use any effects or transitions that require GPU acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.. Does this have any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anish!

Sorry for the System compatibility report. Could you refer to this article for some suggestions? https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-what-is-system-compatibility-report-in-after-effect...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is NVIDIA NVS 4200M GPU. Actually Nvidia stopped the manufacturing it. So i does not have any updates...

Anyways thank you for suggesting this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A future version of Premiere Pro should also blacklist older GPUs that cannot support the newer drivers, in which case Premiere Pro should offer the "Unsupported Graphics Hardware" message/warning, and then offer you the option to continue with all GPU acceleration - CUDA or OpenCL, hardware decoding and hardware encoding - "permanently" disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines