After rendering a project, I noticed that certain sections of clips would suddenly jump drastically in contrast.
I figured out that this happens whenever I have added text or a graphic overlay of some kind.
I have attached an example video of what I mean. All I've done here is add text onto a video.
The footage seems to be exported with slightly more contrast than it has in the monitor in premiere and then when text/graphics appear it suddenly looks more washed out.
Is this a render setting? A project renderer problem? Something to do with the color space? HELP
...so we dont have to download unknown files: we help you, you help us. Thanks!
Whoops! Just posted a reply with the screenshots 🙂
Here are the screenshots from my exported video, you can see the contrast drop as soon as the text appears:
Try to go to Sequence > Sequence Settings and un-check "Composite in Linear Color...", click OK and try to export again and report back. 🙂
This solved my problem! Thanks for sharing your solution.
I seem to be having the exact problem. Did the un-check "Composite in Linear Color" but had no impact.
Thanks in advance for your help.
@alexc34813552 I've tried all the above suggested solutions and in the end the only thing that works for me is to render the video with "Software Encoding" selected in the Performance section of the export settings.
You can still edit the video using GPU acceleration but when you render the video, try selecting "Software Encoding"
Seems like a ridiculous workaround but thats adobe for ya- hope this helps.
This works for me! Thanks so much
While waiting on hold for a tech support rep I cannot hear, I figured out this issue with some troubleshooting.
My first breakthrough was exporting directly from Premiere. I always render with Encoder, habit from batch rendering. I much prefer the speed of the GPU accellerated rendering but for longer videos it always errors out with a generic code. So, in the drop-down menu at the bottom the queue pane, I have the "software only" selection made for the renderer.
But when I went to export from Premiere, a setting I had fogotten about was in my face. In the export settings, there too is a setting where you select hardware/gpu or software only. It's in the "encoding settings" under the video tab.
YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE THEY BOTH MATCH! Once I did that.... BAM! All fixed.