• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have been searching the web for days and have tried several "fixes and still I cannot get premiere pro to run.

I have CS6 MC installed and since I have upgraded from Win 7 ultimate to Win 8 pro I constantly receive when starting Premiere Pro:

Application Error

The Application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.

Some info:

It's 100% a 64 bit environment

Machine is an i5 3750k quad core 3.4ghz

8gb RAM

1 x 1TB internal Drive

1 x 750GB internal Drive

Nvidia Gforce GTX 560 Ti

2TB esata Lacie Ext Storage

The only thing that is strange is that in "all apps" on the metro interface Premiere pro is not listed with the others under the "Adobe Master Collection" title but under "Adobe"

Any help much appreciated as I have been unable to do any editing since upgrading.

Thanks

Dave

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 26, 2013 May 26, 2013

I have copied and pasted msvcr80.dll and msvcr100.dll from Computer/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe After Effects CS6/Support Files to Computer/Program Files/Adobe/Premiere Pro CS6. It worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - not sure how many people are reading this and are still "up that particular creek".  I too hit that iLivid tool but another thread on this forum has the fix.  He uploaded the 2 required 64-bit DLL's and you just need to put them into the installation folder and it's fixed (at least for me).

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4902259

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem, and that does not help. I did a complete RegCure cleanup, reinstalled MC multiple times, copied Common Files over to the same HDD MC is installed on(helped fix other programs, but different errors), doing the disk check, and adding in those two DLLs. Nothing is working please help.

Windows 8 Pro

Asus ROG Maximus V Formula Mobo

Gskill 8GB RAM

GTX 670 FTW

i7 2600k

64GB SSD Boot drive

1TB HDD (where MC is installed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm - Lightroom was the only thing that was bagging on me with that error and it was right after I installed and then uninstalled iLivid that I noticed it.  I know the DLL's have to the 64-bit versions - now the link he gave in his post is for Windows 7 so I'm guessing the same fix will work for you - the kicker is getting the Windows 8 64-bit DLL's.

Do you have any other Adobe 64-bit apps installed that are working?  He took his msvcr80.dll from his CS5 (or 6 - I don't remember off hand).  If you have a friend (or another machine) running Windows 8 you should be able to mooch them - and then just dump them into the Install directory.  This literally took me 45 minutes from discovery of problem to resolution - no tools to run, no cleaning up - the longest part was finding the solution - the fix was 2 minutes - download, unzip and copy to folder - not even a reboot and then Lightroom came up without issue and I continued to work.  I think the problem in your case is simply version - I linked you to Windows 7 and you need 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it almost worked. I copied the two DLLs and that did nothing, so I copied, pasted, and replaced every single DLL from the After Effects folder. I don't get the error anymore, but when the loading logo pops up it gets stuck at           "Loading ExporterQuickTimeHost.prm" Any suggestions?

Never mind, it just took a while is all. THANK YOU!

EDIT: Actually, everything is taking forever to load... suggestions...?

DOUBLE EDIT: NVM it is just locating media from a save and taking a while.

TRIPLE EDIT: Yea Nevermind. Premiere is just working incorrectly now. Like the preview does not even show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 08, 2012 Dec 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I don't have a lot of experience with Premiere however what I think could have happened there was that one of the other DLL's you replaced may now have been replaced with one that is "not current" - for example if an update to Premiere refreshed the DLL's and the ones you copied over from After Effects are not at the same level - since they are all dynamically linked (hence the name) the internal procedure calls could be choking or having problems.  The Premiere issue seems to be a bigger screw up from iLivid than Lightroom and I'm wondering if it's iLivid's movie capability (since your error seems to be QuickTime oriented) - so Lightroom was an easier fix.  You can at least get past that error now - maybe try to re-install and run any patches/updates from Adobe - that might get all the DLL's back in line with each other - that's about all I can think off at this point.  If the application is loading but bagging on some functions, typically a reinstall would be my first bet (especially since you seem to be past the original error in this post).

Hope that works for you - starting the system load from scratch will suck and I don't wish that on anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2012 Dec 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it works now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied the msvcr100.dll from AE and pasted it in Premiere and now it works find. I can't understand why it was missing in the first place when the program was downloaded and installed?? Shouldn't it have been installed along with the program in the first place???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was almost driven crazy by this problem. My Premiere CS6 displays error 0xc000007b exactly like your situation. I tried every method on the internet but none of them worked.

Including copying the msvcr100.dll to the Premiere folder. Nothing happened.

But this one sounds reasonable, comparing to some guess like video card problem or something.

Since I don't use ilivid or something like this. So I thought maybe there was some file else which my computer lacked.

But I don't know what it is.

Then I got an idea.

Here is what I did:

Copy all the AE CS6 .dll file in "Support Files" folder.

Backup all the .dll files in Premiere CS6 folder.

Paste and replace them all!

Then I found that Premiere Pro was able to start up. But unfortuately, it stopped in half.

Well. Maybe I shouldn't click "replace".

So I went back to the backup folder. Copied the origin .dll files.

Paste and replace again!

That's equal to choose "Not replace" at the first time.

Now everything came back to normal.

I want to get a sleep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Windows 7

Just want to report that to copy & paste the msvcr100.dll & msvcr80.dll files from Computer/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe After Effects CS6/Support Files to Computer/Program Files/Adobe/Premiere Pro CS6 worked great for me.

Had the 0xc000007b error with both Premeire and Media Encoder. Copied same two files into Encoder directory also, works fine now.

Thanks to the suggestions on this thread!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2013 Feb 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used msvcr100.dll and msvcp100.dll to paste in the premiere folder, It works for my computer or systerm!!!So it's not exactly same to different computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you shoud have to do is reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistrbutable. It's downloadable from Microsoft's website and replaces all of these files. Worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2013 May 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave this a shot as I too am having this error. This really stinks as AP was working just fine before this code. Anyway. I went to install C++ 2010 x64 Redistrbutable and it detected a newer version and would not do so.....

I love paying $20/mo to not use this program. Grrrr

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2013 May 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have copied and pasted msvcr80.dll and msvcr100.dll from Computer/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe After Effects CS6/Support Files to Computer/Program Files/Adobe/Premiere Pro CS6. It worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got this message http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-application-was-una ble-to-start-correctly-0xc000...

when i copied the dll file of 64 bit to the folder i got upper indicated message but when i copied dll file of 32 bit to the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 then the program worked fine.

i am using windows 8 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2013 Aug 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!! It works!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!! It works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too but thanks, it works now! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2015 Jun 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOR AFTER EFFECTS CC:

I have copied msvcr100.dll msvcp100.dll and msvcr80 and paste it to:

Adobe>Adobe After Effects>Support Files and than paste it to the AfterFX file(with the pruple icon) and than it must be works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My adobe dc (Windows 7) was updated overnight and now I'm getting 2 error messages when I try to save pdf's that I've downloaded from e-mail:

"Application unable to start (0xc0000a5) correctly. Click Okay to close the application."  The other error message is the same except that the number is 0xc0000ac5.  I haven't been able to find an answer or, at least, not one that I understand.  I'm not terribly computer literate...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing worked for me, so i listened this youtube video, and now i dont have any problems

0x00007b After Effects - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys, i have such error trouble with Media encoder and these manuals for pasting DLLs did  just not work for it...

I installed brand new Windows 10 64 bit and Voilá : AT: Adobe Ttrouble

I have tried solutions "copy  everywhere mentioned DLL files to the folder where AME is (as worked for other programs), or i copied it to System32 folder ... but without success. ...

maybe wery experienced IT maniac from Adobe could use my data from Process monitor wehre you can see which files did AME loaded which not - but me I do not have clue what does these means...

for download here in my google folder:

DOWNLOAD HERE

I am gratefull for ANY help !

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes of Course Copyin those Files to THe Software Worked Thank you Bro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am at my wits end... I have the same application error 0xc000007b when trying to open Photoshop CC, I have tried a few things, but I am not to clued up on all the IT grammar.  Can you please explain what you did, I would also like to try this to see if it will work for my program.

Thanks Bernadine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have copied and pasted msvcr100.dll & msvcp100.dll from Computer/Program Files/Adobe/Premiere Pro /Support Files to Computer/Program Files/Adobe/After Effects. It worked for me too. Infact it worked in other Adobe software too like dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked perfectly for me, thank you so much for this easy and clever solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines