The useful LUT list mostly disappeared down to 8 LUTs

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened to the rest of the list of LUTS?

Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 9.56.37 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's the "technical" list in the Basic tab, for those not all that familiar. That list has had a few more at times, less at times, but has never been very long. It's maybe a couple or three down from the last version at most.

The Creative tab is where the vast majority of the included "looks" .. which are actually also LUTs, btw ... are found.

I know that a lot of users with specific cameras simply download the ones they need for their particular cameras and park them in the appropriate spots. NEVER in the Program folder with the other LUTs that are included, but in one of the two locations that Premiere scans for LUTs each time it loads. And shows in the dropdowns.

My preference really is the Program Folder/Adobe/Common/LUTs location. Set up Technical folder for Basic tab use, Creative folder, and park your LUTs there for easy use within the program.

Actually, I do not even recommend using the Basic tab LUT slot for even tech LUTs. No LUT is perfect for any clip, and you normally need to 'trim' a clip into a LUT, adjusting blacks, white, and general contrast/saturation to 'fit' within what the LUT is designed to work with.

Add your camera transform LUTs via the Creative tab, use the Basic tab to trim exposure/black/white/saturation into the LUT.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines