• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows"

Engaged ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since i updated to premier pro when i launch the program i get this error dialog box (This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows"). Strange thing is if i ignore the error, i can use premier pro but if i click "OK" premier pro quits. This is annoying, i need your help.

error.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

I found a solution, atleast in my case, i uninstalled the "Mettle" plugin and all is well now.. try it

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not seen this one yet.

What I would do is first, make sure QuickTime is not installed on your machine.

Homeland Security warns Windows PC users to uninstall Quicktime | Fox News

If that didn't resolve the issue, next I would probably try removing and then reinstalling PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the weirdest thing i do, i uninstalled premier pro, installed quicktime and same crap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, no.  You want to fully UNinstall QuickTime.  Remove it from the computer completely.  Get rid of it.  Drop it.  Take it off.  Throw it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalled Quicktime and the issue is still there, this is very strange i am in shack with this erroe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

What specific version of PP are you using?  What OS and version?  Is this a dedicated editing machine or a general purpose machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the very latest version of pp, windows 10 64 but. HP envy with 32g/ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2016 Jul 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to 2015.3 and I have the same issue.  Not good, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a commonly reported error, so I can only think that there's something wrong on your system.

The only idea I have left at this point is to rebuild the system, wipe the C: drive and reinstall Windows from scratch.  After that, make sure to install only the programs you need for system maintenance and editing.  Don't install any anti-virus, office, email or games on the machine.

Someone else might have a simpler suggestion, but...that's all I can think of on this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm not sure why this worked, but I set my Windows machine back 7 days to the last update, uninstalled then reinstalled Premiere (also deleted preferences), and that seemed to do the trick.

To set Windows back, right-click on the start button -->System -->System Protection -->System Restore.  Then select a Restore Point.

Saved me having to do a total Windows reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wipe the C: drive and reinstall Windows from scratch

Starting from scratch can take days with regards to all those settings and OS updates, etc.  It's a good practice to make an image of your system for recovery.  I generally keep two images, one of the base install with windows and all drivers working, and a second with the applications installed and working.  These I keep on separate, external USB drives.  Should I encounter an update with undesirable results, it's a 45 minute process to get back to square one.

You can also use system restore to apply the image (vs using a restore point) with the added feature of keeping documents/settings intact.  It takes a little longer, but works wonders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting from scratch can take days with regards to all those settings and OS updates, etc.

Took me four hours to go from formatting the C: drive to finished installing the full Adobe video quite when I used a thumb drive for the OS rather than a DVD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Took me four hours

Simon.  I'm talking about all the other applications, drivers, settings, etc. Not just the base install of the OS, even so, using an image file still beats yours by 3 hours.  I also have several different PC's, each with their own characteristics.  But, each to their own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simon. I'm talking about all the other applications, drivers, settings, etc.

As am I.  From hard drive formatting to ready to edit took about 4 hours.

using an image file still beats yours by 3 hours.

I don't argue with it.  I just don't prefer that option myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Avoiding QT in this business is unavoidable, fortunately you can install just the essentials via the custom button, (the core parts that are used by the application to function, minus the parts that are no longer secure - see image below).  This is the current recommendation from both Avid and Sorenson, whom require these components to function:

essentials.jpg

If you work DSLR originated files in .mov format, then it will make life easier.  With essentials, I can trans code .mov sources to my mezzanine codec within AME.

essentials with ame.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I got the same issue. It started just after I upgraded from W7 to W10

Have been looking for any solution without success. All Adobe programs works but Premiere Pro CC 2015 (and 2015.3)

Have lots of work to accomplish and am stuck with this. Uninstalled both PPs installed again and still nothing. The problem occours still and still. That means it is not Adobe fault but Microsoft after moving to W10.

Unfortunatelly after I checked all other programs working, deleted Old.Windows folder so no way back anymore.

Is there anyone, who had passed with this s...t?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep its microsoft's fault, this nasty bug is annoying and the only solution is to use the macintosh, the people at microsoft are not responding to this at all, i gave up after 3 emails

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Premiere Pro on my Win10 for 6 months. A few weeks after updating to 15.3 I also got this message. Now I am stuck.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 has a shelf life of 4 years.  Isn't broke and works well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution, atleast in my case, i uninstalled the "Mettle" plugin and all is well now.. try it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for me. I was having the issue with AFter Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sooooo much. This error freaked me out at first but uninstalling that plug-in worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe Bodego,

Is this with Mettle Skybox, or some other Mettle plug-in? Is it a plug-in you only use in After Effects or do you use it in Premiere Pro, as well?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the issue has been resolved with the update. give it a try, but this plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines