• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows"

Engaged ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since i updated to premier pro when i launch the program i get this error dialog box (This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows"). Strange thing is if i ignore the error, i can use premier pro but if i click "OK" premier pro quits. This is annoying, i need your help.

error.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

I found a solution, atleast in my case, i uninstalled the "Mettle" plugin and all is well now.. try it

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Skybox then? Mac or PC?
Edit: NM. I see it. PC.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution yet? I actually got this problem after installing Mettle skybox studio. Uninstalled it but no help. And Windows reset install gets stuck on 15%

Makes me wish I never got that beefier PC on the side on my iMac. Should had gotten a Mac pro...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Got the bug on Premiere Pro CC / Win 7: uninstalling Mettle plug-ins worked for me too.

Thanks a loooooot Joe Bodego!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2016 Oct 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error.
Working on a project on Premiere pro.After a BSOD on windows 10, same error as the screen capture, cannot open my project again.

I try to start a new project and import my project. Import Ok, but when i open a timeline, crash again.

Crash each time  i import a video file

I have : uninstall/install premiere pro ... same crash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you. I had the same problem with Adobe. Additionally plugin "Mettle" blocked me Adobe Auditionthank you. I had the same problem with Adobe. Additionally plugin "Mettle" blocked me Adobe Audition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tqvm..after uninstall mettle plugin..everything fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone still having this problem but still wants to keep the mettle plugin set, Premiere pro can not load them thus causing the error however, moving the plugin folder from "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore" to after effects own plugin folder at "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2017\Support Files\Plug-ins" will cause only after effects to use the plugin and premiere pro working like a charm. Once done you may want to reset premiere's plugin cache by holding they shift key and launching premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this person experienced the issue, as well: v on Twitter: "@AdobeCare cc 2017"

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try skybox, it works fine with after effects but premier could be affected. I have since had no issues with premier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines