• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Time Remapping Greyed out and Disabled In Effect Controls

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't toggle on or off the Time Remapping function in the effects panel. I can still manipulate things through the timeline functions, but I much prefer using the Effect Control panel for efficiency and accuracy, its also handy to choose the type of speed ramping effects like bezier through that interface. 

I've tried rolling back to older versions of PP, all the way back to 2019, AND I've held down the Option key while booting up PP to reset my preferences, and neither of these methods have resolved my problem. This appears to be a glitch from Adobe. Has anyone found a way to solve it?

(Also, it appears that the Panner function is victim to the same issue, but I just don't use that tool).

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Toggling time remapping on or off has never been possible. Nor for the panner.

Its by design.

Below a screenshot of CS6.

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if it's ever been possible to toggle the Time-remapping on and off. Adjusting this obviously affects what frames are displayed in the sequence - Toggling it off would be the same as removing the speed effect and this could have ramifications on the placement/length of clips on the sequence. The FX icon is grey but remapping will still work by adding and adjusting keyframes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Toggling time remapping on or off has never been possible. Nor for the panner.

Its by design.

Below a screenshot of CS6.

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP can correct me if I'm wrong but the issue is not the ability to toggle on or off, but rather the ability to continue use the effect controls area percentage in time remapping.  

It was working last week for me, but now the percentage is greyed out and I cannot interract with it.  It seems the option was just toggled off at some point and I don't know why.  Like the OP, I want to be able to select the percentage and enter the value just as I was able to last week.  

Using the timeline is sometimes suitable.  In other scenarios it leads to additional and otherwise unnessary steps:

1) Showing time remapping key frames

2) Expanding the track (consuming more space in the timeline)

3) Dragging the line to a precise location takes longer than entereing a specific percentage  

Not to mention, of course, the time I'll spend reverting settings back to their state prior to erasing them while troubleshooting why this functionality suddenly stopped.  

I've spent hours browsing for a solution and see plenty of work-arounds and alternate methods.  But I can't find anything which explains why this functionality suddenly stopped, and how I can get it back.  I would be so grateful if someone could help me accomplish this.  

Thanks,

Windows 10/PP Ver 15.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Percentage has always been grayed out.

If you want to use the Effect Controls, twirl down the effect and use the graph.

AnnBens_0-1624709477874.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, would love to be able to add numerical values at specific keyframes/points in timeline.

I am new to Premiere, and I just figured out that it is VERY important to expand you clip height or video track with the vertical scrool/zoom bar (please correct me if there is a actual name for it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Auxiliary_AB If you feel strongly about a (new)feature or (bug) fix please post it on uservoice, as it will be read by the engeneers.
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well my faith in Adobe actually listening to request from users is somewhat restored now that we FINALLY have math functionality in numerical input fields in Photoshop. Please make it a universal feature for all Adobe software (I’m looking at you Premiere... ). Don’t get me started on Illustrator ... 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about seeing the speed timeline in the effect controls? if so, try clicking the dotted left facing arrow to toggle the timeline view.

timeline view.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had this problem and I've found that typing full percentage with decimals does fix it.
So just type "200,00" not just "200"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines