• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timecode format

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason I don't know, my main project timecode all of a sudden went from 8 digits to 9, which makes quick editing really annoying for me. How do I change it back to 8 digits? The image shows what I mean, the top one being what I don't want, and the one under it being what I do want:

timecode.png

 

TOPICS
Editing , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oliver,

So you understand what is going on, first, right-click the timecode in the timeline. You have "milliseconds" selected. Or you could pick Audio Samples. You see this because you have accidentally set the time to "Audio" time  units.

To fix it, in the top of the timeline, left-click the hamburger menu (3 lines) for the sequence you have selected. Uncheck "Show Audio Time Units."

Easy to do accidentally; almost impossible to figure out what happened!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much, it worked. Is there a keyboard shortcut that I might have accidentally pressed that would have selected it? I'm sure I didn't select that option on purpose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oliver,

There is a shortcut available, but it is not assigned by default. So the most likely "accident" would involve clicking.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines