• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline & Sequence Missing after saving and closing PP2020

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After editing a 16 minute sequence on the timeline, I saved and closed the project. All source material is saved to an external hard drive. When I opened the project the next morning to begin narrating, the project bin showed all my source materials - clips and stills - but no sequence on the timeline.

I've looked through all recently used bins and sub-folders, and every folder on the external hard drive for the sequence, as well as an autosave, to no avail. I loaded all previous sequences for this project, in case it was somehow linked to them, but no luck there either. 

I reset the panels to default, and reset the software preferences, per other suggestions for this issue from previous posts. I've done a text search for the title, and it brings up the project (projectname.prproj) as I sacved it on my external HD, but clicking on that file brings up the 26 items in the project bin with no sequences.  Is there anything else I can try to locate that sequence?

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Premier for several years and just had same thing happened I was working on a movie timeline feature live did a save as Close the session went back to open it nothing in the hard drive or the auto saves .,Adobe has to fix this I pre-paid a year out but I am seriously considering switching to a different editing program if this does not remedy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I had this (or similar happen), sequence suddenly........vanish.     I saved a project numerous times the day before and the next day the sequence was blank.   

I took the advice of doing a sequence search in the project panel & luckily that worked.   I found the sequence in a green folder, double clicked on it and quite a few hours of work came back.   

I still don't know what causes this, or how / if I did something to cause it.  It's also not saving in creative cloud, I'll have to fiddle with that / check the preferences.   

I did not find my project in auto save in my first attempt.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't 'lose' your sequence, it was simply closed. It may seem like that sequence is the only thing happening in a project, but actually you can have MANY sequences. For instance to break the project up into parts, start on another sequence and load either of them at any time. If you want to try something new, make a copy of a sequence and work on one or the other and you always have a point to go back to. Etc.. ad infinitum..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is simply not true I had the adobe tech on my computer as well and he could not find it.. this was a isssue if you google it at the time never talk in the definite because I did in fact loos the sequence 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edit hollywood movies and have been using this NLE since its inception the adobe tech accessed my computer remotely at the time and COULD NOT FIND THE SEQUENCE.. thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99.9 times out of 100, new-ish users have 'lost' their sequence because it is simply 'closed'. And many, but not every one - but a whole bunch - but not all - will find it in the project, like the user (919) who I was replying to - but also  to many others, but not all users who come onto this site might find helpful, but then again, maybe not. 

"never talk in the definite" well sometimes you can, or maybe not you, but I certainly can.

Thanks for your contribution, you've manage about .5 of a comment per year over a 20 year period. Come around more often. Or as often as you like... no pressure, don't come around if you don't feel like it... maybe you'll have some time, but maybe not...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback to the disappearing Sequence phenomenon.   

My thinking is that the project should open the way I closed it, with the sequence appearing.  

That seems to be the most simple way & thats the way it should happen.    I suppose there are reasons it does not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That IS the way it works. If your sequence is not loading, same as it was when you closed it, you have some problem. If you just close it now, and open it just after, it should be the way you describe. Let us know if it's not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I literally had the Exact problem and thanks to this thread, I found my sequence! Using windows search tool, I searched ".prproj" and my most recent auto saves came up of course. What was odd is that my most resent auto save was under the name of my LAST project...as in, the project I worked on and finished before starting this one with the lost sequence. I opened it up, and THERE was my entire sequence and everything. I have no clue why it was named after my previous project even though I started a new one with all the auto saves under the new project's name. But I would encourage those who have lost their sequence to try opening their most recent auto save from the project they did before the current one. In short, current project title (auto save) had everything BUT the sequence, and the previous project title (auto save) had the same date as the current title AND included my lost sequence. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines