• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcribe not working

Engaged ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I added my videos to my sequence, highlighted all the files, went to the Essential Sound panel, clicked "Diaglogue", clicked on the text panel and clicked the transcribe sequence.

Once the transcribe box opens up it will not allow me to press the "Transcribe" button.

Randune23_0-1643693769406.png

So what's up?  Why is this feature not working???  I really get tired of Adobe releasing a really cool new feature and then it stops working (Titler, EG, etc.).

Any insight out there in the land of all Adobe???

Randy

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Hi Randy,

thank you for reporting this issue. There was a brief interruption on our cloud infrastructure provider of about 5 minutes yesterday, which you might have hit. During that time some transcription requests did not get an answer from our cloud service in time and might cause the "grey button" to not light up.

If this is still not working you might also be in a state where your account information is not fully available to Premiere Pro - this can usually be fixed by signing out of Creat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randy,

thank you for reporting this issue. There was a brief interruption on our cloud infrastructure provider of about 5 minutes yesterday, which you might have hit. During that time some transcription requests did not get an answer from our cloud service in time and might cause the "grey button" to not light up.

If this is still not working you might also be in a state where your account information is not fully available to Premiere Pro - this can usually be fixed by signing out of Creative Cloud Desktop and back in.

Btw - the current Beta version of Premiere Pro now features offline transcriptions, if you want to try that out too (in case you are behind a firewall of your company which blocks traffic to Adobe servers).

Best regards,

Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alexander...you are the MAN!!!  Yeah, I noticed when I hovered over the transcribe button it was talking about the cloud.  I had no idea what it meant.  So I shut down my PC, took a break, and came back and I was able to finally transcribe.  This feature is a LIFE SAVER for those of us making YouTube videos to have captioning and SOOOOO much FASTER than having to hand type and transcribe videos.

On the beta talk, I usually do not work in the beta while working on a project just in case something goes wrong.  I loved having being in the beta test group for the new captioning option last year before it even hit the beta.  Like I said earlier, it is such a great feature and it is fairly accurate (way better than my own talk-to-text on my iPhone).  There are always some funny mistakes but in the end it's an AH-MAZING feature.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why my transcript turned out like this.. i used an online narrator for mine

Purivision_0-1666029885449.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean "online narrator"?

What language is spoken? What language did you use to transcribe?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used one of the text to speech website. It was English and i tried to
transcribe to English as well. --
Sincerely,
Daryl Purificacion
PurivisionVideo.com <>
408-230-1223

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

> text to speech

So you have the Text and you created narration (spoken words) via the web (synthetic speech of some type?)?

Or do you have a video with speech/dialogue?

I don't understand what you have.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines