• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcription Lost

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may a be an unusual event. I auto-transcribed my timeline and edited it. I think I then hit the transcribe button again and attempted to abort the process in hopes of saving my edited version.

Now my text dialog box is black with no button or options of editing my original transcript or able to transcribe it again. I may have to resort to a backup which is a big fat waste of time,

Any way to recover from this?

Is there a way to abort a transcription in progress?

Windows 10, Premiere v22.0

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

No, you can't cancel the transcription once it is in process. But, in addition to hitting the initial "transcribe sequence" button, or "re-transcribe sequence," you will get the transcribe dialogue box. That you can cancel.

A completely empty text panel (transcribe or capton tab) is odd.

If you did not do a save as/save a copy operation AFTER you did the transcript editing, but did a SAVE, then I would leave PR as is, go to Windows Explorer/Finder, and make a copy of the project file. An aut

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you can't cancel the transcription once it is in process. But, in addition to hitting the initial "transcribe sequence" button, or "re-transcribe sequence," you will get the transcribe dialogue box. That you can cancel.

A completely empty text panel (transcribe or capton tab) is odd.

If you did not do a save as/save a copy operation AFTER you did the transcript editing, but did a SAVE, then I would leave PR as is, go to Windows Explorer/Finder, and make a copy of the project file. An autosave mightalso work. All that text is stored in the project file.

Otherwise, I would save, exit and reopen and see what you have. 

Might need to reset the workspace.

Stan

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to the previous version which did contain my unedited transcription. While editing, the text or transcription window went blank. The good news is, I saved repeatedly while editing so I did't lose any of the editing work.

I'm near the end of this project. If I can get it rendered and SRT created, I'll be happy. Hopefully this never happens again.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. And congrats on being a good example of saving! Saved your bacon along with the edits!

I did a quick test. I saved before the re-transcribe, and saved durikng the time it was doing the actual transcription (after the rendering audio and uploading to server etc). The content of the transcript had changed by that time, so saving before does work. As you demonstrated also.

Your text panel is back to normal?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It appears to be.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines