• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UHD Rec. 2020 deliveries

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The HDR for Broadcastors update (https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/hdr-workflows.html) is great, and relatively simple. It definitely has some quirks to iron out but it seems workable.

What I can't work out how to do though is to work in UHD at Rec. 2020. This seems to be a pretty standard delivery requirement with no clear way to impliment in PP.

I can set the colour space of footage coming in to Premiere to be Rec. 2020, but it seems like you either have to put that in a Rec. 709 sequence or a Rec. 2100 one. So how can I be sure that my colour gamut is correct if it is a Rec. 709 sequence, or that my levels are correct if it is a Rec. 2100 sequence?

For instance, in a Rec. 2100 sequence text seems to be generated at 1000 nits (which is incorrect even for HDR - 203 nits is the generally agreed levels for graphics white).

Any help or thoughts appreciated, thank you!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add, in the Project Settings menu you can set HDR Graphics White (Nits) to 100 which does fix the generated text levels - they will then be 100 nits. Maybe there is an issue with naming of the colour management? 100 nits and wide Colour gamut is Rec.2020 (technically I think Rec. 2020 only describes the color gamut and not the brightness range, where as Rec. 2100 describes the color gamut and the 1000 nits of max luminance).

As it is I find it very difficult to have confidence in what PP is doing. I would appreciate other peoples opinions and experiences of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could edit my posts. The HDR Graphics White does not fix generated text levels, stupidly, I'd set my scopes to clamp.

So what is HDR Graphics White even doing other than helping the display colour management?

Why can the Lumetri Scopes be set to Rec. 2020 but not a sequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could edit my posts. 

At the bottom of posts you make, you should see 3 dots and "more." Click on that and you should see "Edit Reply."

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately I don't in Chrome on macOS.

Any ideas about working in Rec. 2020 when not delivering HDR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines