Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to batch attach proxies in Premiere 22.2 - have to go one by one

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All--

I'm importing 4K Sony A7SIII footage into Premiere 22.2 (and previous 22 versions). I'm able to import the 4K files, but then when I attach proxies I've made in Media Encoder (as I've done for a year now in Premiere/Encoder 2021), the proxies only attach one by one. I have to go file by file to attach proxies, which is just not an option with the number of files I'm working with.

Does anyone else have a similar issue and/or a workaround for attaching proxies quickly to 4K files? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

I believe I've figured out the issue with auto-linking the proxies, which is that the in the latest version of Premiere (22.2) the 'Match File Properties' for linking seemed to be causing the trip up. The default is for all the properties for linking to be checked (at least that was my experience). I believe the issue is that the 'file extension' box was checked, and the proxy files I'm working with are not the same file extension as my original 4K files. I unchecked several of the boxes (see im

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you got Link Others Automatically checked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I've figured out the issue with auto-linking the proxies, which is that the in the latest version of Premiere (22.2) the 'Match File Properties' for linking seemed to be causing the trip up. The default is for all the properties for linking to be checked (at least that was my experience). I believe the issue is that the 'file extension' box was checked, and the proxy files I'm working with are not the same file extension as my original 4K files. I unchecked several of the boxes (see image below), leaving file name. The proxies have been automatically attaching consistently in my tests. I hope this helps others who update Premiere and who may have a similar issue. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 12.16.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hero

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem, but i can t attach in any of the options beacuse the file name is different in the proxys is c0001s03 and the original is c0001, i was looking in my camera if i can change the names of the proxys but i can´t, i need to attach 500 clips one by one 

do you recomend me other thing to do? Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My proxies also had a similar extention. The steps above meant premier read them and synced them without a problem. As long as you select them in the project window and attach them all at once then check the above boxes in the media browser when syncing Premier should do the rest. Make sure your proxies are all in one folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you can see what is happening, i don t know how to fix... is in spanish but is the same options as you say

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nacochano,

Sorry. Did these proxies originate in Media Encoder or the camera itself? Let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have proxy files created in the camera. They have the S03 ending and I found out that by replacing that ending with _Proxy it will fix the problem. I wish I could find an easier and more elegant solution from the Premier side because I couldn't find in the Sony camera a way to customize the proxies name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can batch rename files in the Bridge.

the word _Proxy is mandatory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution was to rename all the proxy files to buy replacing "S03" with "_Proxy"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, using c70 RAW footage and attaching MXF proxies, I finally got it to batch attach when I only checked "Media Start."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here, checking 'Media Start' , and unchecking the others worked as a batch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue, working with version 23.2.0 of PR....my Automatically Link Other Files was checked off by default, but it wasn't doing it. I unchecked it and rechecked it, and presto it started working again....weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

found a solution that workdd... re start premiere holding shift key. reset to app default.. walla... files auto relinking again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally worked after i checked FILE EXT. only

fyi - footage is braw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking "File Ext" only works for R3D files too. Doesn't make sense since my proxies are .mov - seems like a bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was still having this issue and ended up renaming the files to "filesname_proxy" (ex. C4794_proxy) and then they all were able to automatically relink. I was struggling to find the option to bulk rename sequentially in Windows, but on Mac, they have a pretty intuitive system that allows me to rename. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines