Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install mc_enc_hevc.dll

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

premiere problem mcenchevcdll 2.JPGpremiere problem mcenchevcdll.JPG

I have tried all solutions found through google and used the adobe cleaner to do a fresh install of premiere, nothing seems to get this DLL to load properly. I do have an active Adobe CC subscription as well.

1. OS: Windows 10

2. Version: Adobe Premiere Pro Version 15.2.0 (Build 35)

3. System: 1700x 32gb RAM RTX 3070rakc

4. Footage form Canon R5: H.265 4:2:2 10-bit UHD 4k @ 59.94fps

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

After a long chat and about an hour of troubleshooting, the Adobe Support person and I solved the issue. It appeared that the "AdobeInstalledCodecsTier2" folder had permissions that were not staying set (we checked the boxes, but they became unchecked on their own). It tells you what the issue is: "make sure you have write access to this location..." The support guy used Command Prompt and the "net user" command to create another administrator user. After that, I could swap to the other Administ

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022
Logré reparar el problema. Se soluciona creando otro usuario administrador
en windows. Al activar el nuevo uso de Adobe premiere termina funcionando.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

Think it may have been from the recent Nvidia Driver or Windows update. I hope..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two years later still having this issue....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Conseguiste solucionarlo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have since updated to the latest version of premiere and did some
hardware changes to my PC and the issue has been resolved. Wish I had
better advice to give. --
Robert Ackerman
[personal info deleted by mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darn this sucks i cant render my project or anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still looking for this fix. Adobe cant solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im still looking an answer for this problem. Can't find it! 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone find the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep if you have Microsoft family restrictions. It won't let you install it into the folder. You have to do it on a side that has admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue - it has plagued me half the weekend - to the point that i am looking at alternatives to adobe products. is there anyone out there that can give a step by step solution - the solution provided above lacked detail - so could not be followed. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted a detailed solution but it's not being upvoted. Use Ctrl+F to search for "Marc2208" answer on this page, you should find the detailed steps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am completely stuck with this, Solution, please. 

Any adobe help, couldn't export video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue try another 10 time just —

Mod note: Profanity removed. Kindly avoid in the future. Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a long chat and about an hour of troubleshooting, the Adobe Support person and I solved the issue. It appeared that the "AdobeInstalledCodecsTier2" folder had permissions that were not staying set (we checked the boxes, but they became unchecked on their own). It tells you what the issue is: "make sure you have write access to this location..." The support guy used Command Prompt and the "net user" command to create another administrator user. After that, I could swap to the other Administrator account and launch Premiere Pro. I checked the "AdobeInstalledCodecsTier2" folder for the "mc_enc_hevc.dll" file, and it appeared twice. After this, I transferred back to my primary account, and the files were still there. I launched Premiere and everything worked. Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your solution, Kyle!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you asked them to create an update for premier about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, agmnhob,

Sorry, no, but I noticed a bug filed for a similar issue; however, it is for Rush. Could you report this on User Voice? https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

I will link this conversation to the Rush bug, which should also help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I had the same issue, tried many things and nothing worked except this, so I really recommand it. I did it on my own so I am just going to share some details because Kyle's instructions can seem quite unprecise. 

First press the Windows key and type 'cmd'. Right click and click on 'run as administrator'. Now it is time to create a new user, as an admin. In order to do this, we need to use the 'net user' command, that is going to allow us to create a new account on our PC. Copy and paste the following lines in your cmd :

net user PremiereProSolver set_a_password /add /comment:"solve premiere hevc issue" /expires:never /logonpasswordchg:no /fullname:"PremiereSolver" && net localgroup Administrateurs PremiereProSolver /add && WMIC USERACCOUNT WHERE Name='PremiereProSolver' SET PasswordExpires=FALSE

Choose a password to replace the set_a_password and remember it, you will need it later (use a simple one). 

Now press enter. 

If you type 'net user', you will see a list of all users, and you will see that PremiereProSolver has been created. 

Now click once again on the Windows key, and right click on the bottom left where the icon and the name of the current account are. Now select PremiereProSolver. Go quickly through the settings. 

Now once everything is done, launch premiere pro and drop any hevc file that used to cause problems. Now here you go : it is working. If you go to this path : C:\Users\Public\Documents\AdobeInstalledCodecsTier2\3.0 you will see that your hevc encoding and decoding files are back. You can log out this account and go back to your old one. 

Now you can remove the created account : 

net user PremiereProSolver /delete

Hope this helped some of you guys  !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I build a new computer yesterday and stumble up on same issue. How on earth this is a still a thin Adobe???? 

Why the f... users have to be a beta testers and run behind deadlines because of this noncence. Marc, can you pleace explain what do you mean by "Go quickly through the settings" Do you mean, that i have to log in with PremiereProSolver account, Start Premiere, try to export something and then back to main user, and after everything works, then delete account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally once you select PremiereProSolver as an user, you will go throught the classic windows settings that need to be done whenever a new user logs in for the first time. 

The rest of what you said is correct, except you don't have to export something, just drop a clip in HEVC format in your timeline. The encodings files will be querried by premiere and installed at this precise moment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines