• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Install Premiere Pro 2019 on Windows 10 PC

Participant ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm working on a project to DV Capture my old home video tapes. I needed to use my 2011 iMac to capture the footage, which only supports up to Premiere Pro 2019. Now that I've finished capturing using CC 2019, I want to edit and do the final export on the the videos on my more powerful Windows 10 PC. 

I have CC 2022 installed on Windows but I don't want the 2019 Project to convert to the new version because I know that I may need to go back and re-record a few tapes.

I would prefer to install CC 2019 on my Windows computer in order to keep cross-compatibility with the Mac. I found the direct link to install CC 2019, but I'm getting the error "Your browser or operating system is no longer supported. You may need to install the latest updates to your operating system."

I just updated my windows 10 and restarted my computer and I'm still getting the same error. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Rather than struggle to get Premiere Pro CC2019 installed on your Windows machine, create a new Premiere Pro CC2019 project on the 2011 iMac just for DV Capture.  Or, if it's not going to be too confusing, just keep the current one.  As you capture DV tapes, just copy the resulting movie file over to your Windows computer and import them into the newer Premiere Pro 2022 project.  The first time you open the project file with 2022, Premiere Pro will prompt you to save the file with a "_1" at the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the current version and two versions back.  So, 2022, 2021, and 2020.

ProDesign Tools maintains a page of direct Adobe download links for CC2019.  

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2019-direct-download-links.html

Scroll down to Premiere Pro CC 2019 and give that a try.  It's the official direct download link and should work with a current subscription.

If you're still getting a browser compatibility error, you'll need to try a different browser.

Or, try getting help from Adobe:

If there's still a way to get Premiere Pro CC2019 on a Windows 10 laptop, they should be able to assist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the installer with the newest version of Chrome and the .exe opens the Adobe Installer. If I click the "Learn More" next to the error in Adobe Installer, it opens up in Internet Explorer but I'm not sure how to change that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is for Premiere Elements, but have a look here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/update-required.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than struggle to get Premiere Pro CC2019 installed on your Windows machine, create a new Premiere Pro CC2019 project on the 2011 iMac just for DV Capture.  Or, if it's not going to be too confusing, just keep the current one.  As you capture DV tapes, just copy the resulting movie file over to your Windows computer and import them into the newer Premiere Pro 2022 project.  The first time you open the project file with 2022, Premiere Pro will prompt you to save the file with a "_1" at the tail of the filename.  As long as you keep that - or do something else to differenciate the project files by name - you will not write over the earlier project file.

If you really prefer to be able to open the same project file on each machine, the 2011 iMac should be able to run Premiere Pro 2020 under macOS 10.13 High Sierra.  Windows 10 should be able to install that via Creative Cloud as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. I tried updating my High Sierra Mac to CC 2020 using Creative CLoud and it wasn't giving me the option. I also don't see direct download links for CC2020 on ProDesignTools. I guess I'll have to have separate projects for capture/editing. Not ideal but it will work.

Adobe really makes it difficult to use the software you pay for. I'm not impressed that they took away the option to download old versions easily. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to get a Premiere Pro 2020 link for PC and Mac by contacting support. So now I can install it to both computers and should hopefully have cross-compatibility. 

It's ridiculous since we used to be able to download old versions directly through the CC app. I couldn't even get the CC App to load on my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines