• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to switch panels with Number Pad keys

Enthusiast ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mapped the keyboard shortcuts for panels that I need most using Shift+Number Pad key e.g. for Effect Controls I mapped Shift+5(Num), for Program Monitor Shift+4(Num) and so on...

But when I try to switch panels, pressing Shift+4(Num) edits the playhead position timecode as shown in the screenshot below:

1.png

Is there something that I'm missing?

Here is a screenshot of my Keyboard Shortcuts window:

2.PNG

This seems to happen in panels that have the Playhead Position timecode. Let's say the Project Panel is selected, pressing Shift+2(Num) activates the Source Monitor as expected but from there on, pressing Shift+3(Num) will edit the playhead position timecode.

I'm on Windows 10, Premiere Pro CC 2017 (11.1.2)

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

If i remember correctly the num keys are hard coded so one can use those keys to jump to a specific time in the Timeline. That´s why it don´t work since those keys are dedicated for that. Very useful if you ask me since i use the num keys to navigate the timeline in every project. I get the same results as you get.

I use the function keys instead, such as F1 for the Project Panel, F2 for the Effects panel, F3 for the Effects panel, etc, etc. I also use F12 to save the project instead of Ctrl+S. T

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trash preferences,

see if that will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Ann Bens! Trashing preferences didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i remember correctly the num keys are hard coded so one can use those keys to jump to a specific time in the Timeline. That´s why it don´t work since those keys are dedicated for that. Very useful if you ask me since i use the num keys to navigate the timeline in every project. I get the same results as you get.

I use the function keys instead, such as F1 for the Project Panel, F2 for the Effects panel, F3 for the Effects panel, etc, etc. I also use F12 to save the project instead of Ctrl+S. That saves me time since no modifier keys are involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I'll try using the Function keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines