• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UNKNOWN WORKSPACE

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, once again after an update, my Pre Pro is not working as usual. I just got an error message UNKNOWN WORKSPACE. Now, my feature film is not visible, none of the modules is visible, and when I go to menu, it doesn't allow me to open any of the workspace templates.

I have to have this film ready for distribution in less than 3 weeks, and the two Weeks I just spent on it are now toast.

Anyone have any wonderful solutions?

WINDOWS PRO 8.1 64 BIT

DELL T7400 DESKTOP

INTEL XEON CPU  X5450 @ 3.00 GHZ

64 GB RAM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ... especially with a long-form Major Project ... I don't understand updating any software involved in the middle, or especially towards the end of the project.

I trust you used a copy of your project file in the newest version, so you could uninstall the later one, and instead install the earlier one to complete the project ... I hope ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate using these boards because the sarcastic holier than thou response I usually get, such as yours Neil, doesn't do much but make me wish I had never asked a question.

However, to respond to your  "answer":

Updating software was at one time a fix for bugs in a program.

And since I am trying to achieve the best quality in my program, I had hoped an update would not wipe out the basic structural elements of my edit platform. Time and time again, it does. Just like updates for apple phones.

So, to review, I update my Adobe CC because I want the best for my customers. If updates to this program will result in such major changes, I would suggest those involved in the administration of the program issue a fu$&ing warning.

Thanks for validating my disdain for these "support boards".

No more questions from me.

By the way, I solved the issue myself, thank you very kindly.

SMH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if you saw that as holier than thou ... which was not the intent at all. Sincere apologies. I was sincerely worried about whether or not you were screwed ... as if you hadn't a copy (which has happened numerous times here) there may not be an easy way back. Been there, done that, it's a nasty situation to be in ... so rather than holier than thou, it was sympathetic concern.

And I'm glad you got the issue handled.

However, it does behoove one to pay attention to what's happening, and what seems a prudent practice. The Support Staff here (from Product Support manager Kevin Monahan on down), have always strongly recommended completing any major project without upgrading during the project if at all possible. It is NOT the Adobe PrPro team practice to simply release bug fixes, so almost every roll-out they do involves some major feature changes.

If one must upgrade/update during a project, it's considered Best Practice to work a short test project in the new version before entrusting client work to it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I solved the issue myself, thank you very kindly.

Despite your disdain for these boards....some one else maybe interested in how you solved the issue. Share

I had hoped an update would not wipe out the basic structural elements of my edit platform. Time and time again, it does.

Never had that happen to me...EVER...and never read of it it happening ether.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! I have the same issue,every time I want to open a project premiere doesn´t open any panel. Could you tell me how did you solved it? Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, since the new update... i fixed it with a reset. But that was already the second time. I hope for a longterm fix!

Reset Corrupted Preferences = Press/HOLD Ctrl+Alt+Shift while starting program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a fix! When you open up adobe premiere, at the top click on Window - Workspaces - All panels. That should work and give it a moment to load the panels Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, you saved my business!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines