• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Control Device(KORG nano...) for color/Lumetri

Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a KORG nanoKONTROL2, which is a midi controller, that I was hoping to assign the faders and knobs to control Lumetri Control panel(on a Mac). 

I can use the "device control" setting in preferences to get Premiere to recognized it(sees it as "Mackie") but it ONLY controls the audio. 

Is there a way to assign the buttons and knobs to the Lumetri Control panel and if so how? Any resources or videos that explain this? 

Thank you in advance! 

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how you could do that, but would love to see someone with an idea pop in!

I've got a full Tangent Elements panel and a Ripple, and they've added abilities to map to audio and even graphics controls, resizing/rotation and stuff. Which they built a new extension for, so that in the Preferences you choose "Tangent Extended" rather than the old "simple" Tangent option.

So maybe the straight Mackie option only considers audio connections?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to be the case, yes. Only audio but when I first got the KORG nanoKontrol 2 I messed with it on my windows PC and was able to stear it in the direction of operating the Lumetri Panel. I was only playing around at that point but now I'm on my Mac workstation and can't figure it out. 

It would make a lot of my workflow easier on the wrists if I could use faders and knobs instead of mouse click and drag. 

Hope someone has some info, too! 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I found something https://peltmade.com/prcontrol.html 

If anybody has try it please let me know, I have a beautiful akai apc 40 that I want to use for many things on premiere, but i can not assign the keys, it recognizes at first and things like play and stop works but in a weird way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By defualt the Korg NanoKontrol 2 works great as an audio mixer with Premiere Pro. You can download software for the Korg NanoKontrol 2 that will allow you to map the NanoKontrol 2 to be used with Photoshop, 3D animation software and more. For those who do not know what a MIDI control surface is the video below might be helpful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP is of course wanting to figure out how to do color and other things with his Korg, not "just" audio. Like my Tangent Elements, which was developed as a color correction control tool, but now in PrPro can be mapped for audio mixing/panning, graphics/text/image resizing, rotating, position, all sorts of things.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I stated by defualt the Korg NanoKontrol 2 works as a great audio mixer when using Premiere Pro. That being said I also stated you can download software that will allow you to map the Korg NanoKontrol 2 to work in ways it was not intended to be used. I think you missed that part. I myself like how the NanoKontrol works by defualt so I have never downloaded the extra software for it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines