• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using mogrt files really slow at previewing and encoding

Engaged ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently tried a few mogrt files from envato elements and am surprised how much they slow down my editing experience, and also how slow they are to encode.

Is there anything like "create proxy" that makes these reasonable to work with? I have the top of the line intel macbook with highest graphics and 64Gig of RAM.

Here is a sample encoded.

TOPICS
Editing , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never used any of the Envato mogrts. But as this is a rather common issue with them, they've either not been well-designed for performance or simply have some cool but heavy-lifting bits.

You might import one into AfterEffects, and see what all is going on there. That does look like there's several graphics things moving at once.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have looked at them in After Effects but just don't get enough about how AE works to really understand. Maybe I'll find some good one that I like a lot and will need to modify and that will get me to learn AE.  I use PR 4 hours a day and AE 0.

Are there any tricks to make PR faster when viewing in the timeline that includes AE stuff? It's almost unusable it is so slow (but looks good on the final render)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mogrts are usually slow in Premiere Pro. Rendering them (Pressing enter with the timeline selected) will make them play better but you have to wait for the render to complete first. If your MOGRT is modified the way you like it you can select it then go to the top of the interface and choose clip/render and replace and convert it to a movie which will play back better in your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'm not quite understanding "Pressing enter with the timeline selected".  Is that just running the timeline like normal to play it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, that's getting Premiere to render the red sections of the timeline.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines