• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Has Crackle In Audio After Exporting

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been running into an issue that I had previously not had when it came to exporting a video. When I record a video in a program known as Streamlabs, I have no issue with the audio. It sounds fine. When I put it into Premiere Pro, I also notice no issue. Even when I edit it in Audition, I end up having no issues with audio. Although after when I export the video and have it all rendered, the audio has weird crackling at certain parts.

I export it through Media Encoder if that changes anything. I have attempted various things to attempt to stop the crackling but it always seems like it is there faintly. I am unsure if there is some sort of settings I should be setting it to that can stop this from happening on export or if there is a certain type of file I should be working with that when it renders it will no longer do the crackling sound.

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you export settings? Do results differ if you export something like a QuickTime MOV file instead of an H264? Are you using any MP3 audio? If so convert it to WAV file format and see if that changes things. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I typically do the H264 Format and then set the preset to Youtube 2160p 4k Ultra HD. I click to use Maximum Render Quality, I change the Frame Rate to 59.94 since I am typically doing gameplay videos and then lately to help with audio, I have went to setting the Sample Rate to 44100 Hz and then Bitrate to 512 but I still run into the issue.

I have not used QuickTime since I had been uploading to Youtube and it doesn't seem like there is an option for a Youtube preset on there. They are already Wav files also in the Premiere Timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was suggesting exporting to QT as a way to troubleshoot and see if you get a good export. I always export out to a high-quality codec like QT 422 first, and then from that file, I make my h264 encode for uploading to Youtube. However, I do upload high-quality 4k QuickTime files to Youtube and get great results. It takes longer but looks better, in my opinion.

So is the problem happening before or after you are uploading to youtube?

Try doing an export of your project using QuickTime 422, Match Source, and don't change anything else. See if your results change and report back.

Another thing to check is if your fiels are variable frame rate files. Those don't play nice sometimes. You might need to use something like Handbrake to convert the file to a Constant Frame Rate before you bring it in to Premiere Pro and start editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright I tried it in QuickTime and it seems to sound perfectly fine. It is strange but it is working perfectly fine. I do not even hear the same crackle that I hear when I export the other way. The issue was usually before I upload and was just testing the video to hear it. I think what I will do to go further is export them as a QT going forward. Hopefully will not run into any other issues! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome! I wish I could understand what was making the crackle on the H264 in the first place. But I've always found that I have better quality exports when I export out an uncompressed video first and then make all of my compressed exports off that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screen recordings are usually variable frame rate which can cause all sorts of intermittent and unpredictable problems.

Here's how to diagnose and fix the issue

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate setting the quality slider in the video panel to maximum
https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found one solution. My static seems to be the result of the denoise function which takes about 3 seconds to learn the audio clip and start functioning. Since my audio clips are really short, it never has a chance to learn them and this causes static after export. The start of my video has a section of silence for a few seconds. So, I grabbed all my audio and nested it. (Select the audio, right click, Nest). The static vanished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This solved a problem I've had on some recent videos. I never thought about the denoise function causing this, especially since they all happen to start with a silent section of audio in some form or another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines