• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Voiceover button disappeared?

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am new to premier pro. I use windows 10 on my PC. The first video I edited, I was able to add voiceover. So I think this issue I'm having has nothing to do with my system setting if I was able to do it the first time.

Then, the strange thing happened with my second video- I can't do voice over anymore.  I don't know if I accidentally changed anything without realizing it. I checked the following:

1. In premier pro, the preference for audio hardware is correctly set to my external microphone.

2. I tried adding a new audio track, and right clicked to add the "R" and "voiceover" button. See attached screenshot.

The issue is when I click back on my timeline, the R and voiceover disappear.  Even if I right click to press on the "voiceover" button, it does not let me record.

Anyone can offer any insight/tips will be greatly appreciated! 

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

They told me to reset preference by renaming a couple of folders. That worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

Do NOT add images via the "attach files" box, as you are then forcing everyone to DOWNLOAD the file to view it outside their browser. Drag/drop the image files directly ONTO your reply box so other users can see them without needing to download unknown strange files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the screenshot. I right clicked the audio track and made sure the "R" and "Vocieover" buttons are added, but when I click back in my timeline, they disappear again and I can't record voiceover.Voiceover issue.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might need to expand the track vertically in order to see the buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

expand track.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ann- good suggestion, so I just tried expanding it (Audio track 3), but still, I don't see my voiceover or R button...

Voiceover issue2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen is too small to fully expand.

Need to move the timeline up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I was able to fix the issue after contacting customer support at Premier Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what is the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They told me to reset preference by renaming a couple of folders. That worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Anne. this just saved my mood

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines