Why did I get this?

warning.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

I switched the "video rendering and playback" to Mercury Playback Engine software only, like someone mentioned, and it worked!! YAY

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 113 Replies 113
Enthusiast ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, nevermind, today I started a whole new project. It was as simple as can be. One HD clip. I get about an hour and a half in and a pink box comes up saying adobe error. Then the crash report. Then when I reopen the last I don't know how many minutes of magical editing was all gone. Please don't tell me to save more often, I have it set for auto save so often (and people have suggested turning that off) and I typically manually save. But, adobe has this knack for knowing the best time to make the most damage. This software has just become totally unstable trash. and this was after "escalated support" went through my computer making sure everything was setup correct and what not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unstable trash. And the most upset thing is that functionality and assembling techniques are beyond comparison, but the stability is near zero nowadays.

Got same stuff after bunch of updates, when my project was near deadline (damn). "Missing" status for files that are visible on the timeline and on playback, generic importer error when tryin to re-import them (helps only if i make copy of file and relink with it), absolutely damaged export (via premiere and encoder, no difference), bunch of other errors and burning deadlines as result. 3rd day trying to make damn video exported.
Hate this situation when you pay money each month and get so unstable product. If banking software was this bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact issue. The video will be fine if I don't attempt to make any edits to it. The second I try to use the program for what it is suppose to be used for, editing, I start to lose frames until I lose all frames and I just have a blank video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting exactly the same thing. Normally I'm editing fine for the first 2 hours then suddenly get relentless warnings about "frame substitution" - it's annoying but I can still edit.... until some of my clips start displaying as just blackness in the canvas.... as which point have to quit the program and go to a last saved version. VERY ANNOYING! PLEASE SORT ADOBE!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It gets worse, then issues change, and tech support will waste hours doing what they tried last time, then escalated support will make you thing the problem solved when it's not or there's a new similar problem. I think we're screwed. If only I had time to learn/try a new program like DaVinci Resolve...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly atm I'm using shotcut, it's a free and does pretty much all the same things. It's just not as smooth but it's getting the job done for me atm. I would love to not use it and just use the software I'm paying for but sadly I can't because it substitutes every frame of my video until it's just a black screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ZOMG MAN, ZOMG.... This software just solved all my problems!!! Thank you so much for recomending it. Everything just works, without a problem. I've tried everything, Premiere, Resolve, Vegas, and After Effects. Nothing could do what I needed it to do. It has so many formats available even legacy ones. Amazing you sir are a life saver!!!  Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem even for a simple sequence; one clip and one audio track. I've had so many and different problems since "upgrading" from CS6 to CC. I totally wish Adobe would divert their development team from making new features to just making the current capability bugfree and stable. For professionals, a stable system is much more important than some new 'feature' or gadget!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hit this problem big time yesterday. Just finished a project, went to export the master file, and I started getting that error. When I checked the export frames were in the wrong order at the points the error message said. I found that if I kept trying to export eventually it would work.

I then needed to shorten the final file, so I took my good export back in Premiere, chopped the end off and exported. The export would still fail. That's a single ProRes(HQ) file as the source and ProRes(HQ) export, so hardly very taxing for Premiere.

I have now spent the last 24 hours trying to get to the bottom of things. What I have discovered is that this largely happens with ProRes(HQ) files and exports. This doesn't seem to happen with ProRes. Ticking 'Use Maximum Render Quality' on export makes it fail a lot more often.

Premiere 13.1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting these and never use ProRes (HQ). I haven't had this exact warning lately, it seems to be a new issue. Now after about an hour it just crashes. Sometimes I'll get a little pink box that pops up in the right corner, different from anything I've shared here thus far, and I think it says something that makes me think it could be related. But, that's only happened a few times and I'm usually so deep in editing that it throws me off guard and pisses me off, then I immediately try to save before it crashes. So, I don't recall what it says exactly. How many decades must go by before this expensive crap is stable???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

POSSIBLE FIX!  I was having the same problem. I had Adobe have their way with my computer and they didnt fix anything. I am usually working with different resolutions higher than 4k so I usually click "Scale to Frame Size". I turned that off and just scaled manually and the issue went away. Hope this helps for somebody. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this for a fix?

I'm get these errors, still get them with Mercury GPU turned off.

I'm not scaling the footage, just 2 x 1080 ProRes LT files, simply making cut away shots. have had to re-start Premier about 5 times today already!

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 64.0 GB

Dual Nvidia 1070 GFX cards

PP Version 13.1.1. build 9

All OS and GFX drivers on the latest versions!

I get this error, strange thing is the location shown does not exist! D: drive is my media drive, I've searched everywhere but nothing!

Premier crash error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also been tortured (along with Neofilm​) with the same damn error! None of the above fixed it. So i deleted all the video files from the HD and and copied over the originals again from the SD card (using Explorer!) Now all is well...

I believe the problem (rightly or wrongly) was caused by Windows Photos corrupting the files while copying them from SD Card to HD.

Hope this helps some poor soul.

tip: never select 'Delete when Finished'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have replicated this issue with XDCAMEX 35 exports from Premiere having dropped frames, and displaying the Frame Replacement error when being reimported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some people if you’re recording is in h.625 format you need to convert it to a format that is premiere pro supported. It’s a shame there is no clear instructions for this and it took a long time to find a solution. (Windows 10)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diane,

H.265 is a codec that is supported by Premiere, but you might be having trouble if the footage is shot on an iPhone with a Variable Frame Rate. If you're having trouble importing a specific file, it is always a good idea to try transcoding it with another application before you get in too deep with troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to see all deleted text messages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried using 14 yet to see if this mess has been fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have received notice that a preference for this will be added in version 14.1 which will be released around NAB. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm also having this same issue. My issue is a bit odd in that its only happening to clips that are HDV captured by sony cams back in 2007-2012.  In those days the clips were captured in a 1440x1080 format and then using the proper pixel aspect ration expanded to fill the 1920 frame. Every version of premiere after 2016 gives these errors no matter what playback setting I choose. If however, I open the project in premiere 2014, the clips all play back beautifully with no errors whatsoever. I wonder if something was taken out of premiere for the 2016 release? This is most troubling to me because it makes me wonder if my current projects will become troublesome in the years ahead.

Anyone else see this particular issue with HDV clips using premiere?

Regards,

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I'm very interested in your side by side testing as very few people still have access to CC 2014.

This "Frame Replacement Feature", which I hate, was added in 13.1.5 https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/whats-new/2019-1.html#frame-replacement

We've had terrible issues with it. Adobe says it was to remove the Red Frame that used to be displayed when frames were missing. I find it to be uselessly buggy, and it prevents the use of Premiere Pro as a QC application.

You're 100% sure that the same clip, when compared in CC 2014 and the latest version 2020, does not have red frames in 2014 but does have Frame Replacement errors in 2020?

If so, please let me know, and I can get you in touch with someone who I have been talking to at Adobe about this specifically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that this 'feature' ruins Premiere for any QC application. I'd be interested to know if you've gotten anywhere with your contact.

The description of this on the new feature list describes it as 'on by default', suggesting it should be able to be toggled off, although I can't find that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nearly everything I have beeen using in PP came off an old Sony HDV tapes and none of it is now working with Premier Pro 2021 due to this problem.  when I tried to play the same files via microsoft media player I had to download a new codec from microsoft.  so it seems that in the Premier Pro upgrade process the MPEG files tied to the PP Projects may have been altered some way as these now play fine in the MS Media Player (with the new codec).  All very annoying.  I will try and reimport some of the videos from the original tapes and see what happens there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed my sequence settings to DSLR and 23.976 frames/second and that fixed it for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this all the time with UHD HEVC H.265 files. I have to transcode them to MP4 with Handbrake because no Adobe software will read the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines