• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warp Stabilizer: based on just part of the image

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two objects in the shot: one in the center, one on the right. I want to warp-stabilize the clip based only on the "shakiness" of the object in the center. The object on the right will just "inherit" the result of the stabilization, without contributing to its input. How can I do this? It seems I should first isolate the center object somehow a) with a mask, b) by scaling the clip so the center object fills the frame)enlarging the clip. Then do the stabilization, then transfer the results onto the original clip. Am I on the right track?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Thanks for the replies. In the end, I used an 8-point mask to isolate the "core" of the center object (no parts of other objects), and Warp Stabilize it. It worked great. The fact that parts of the center robject were cut off didn't matter. I then disabled the mask and kept the Warp Stabilize.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would highly recommend that you try this in After Effects instead. The Warp Stabilizer in Premiere will look at the whole clip and won't have the level of control you want. In After Effects you can do motion tracking and set the target point on the object in the center, then choose "Stabilize" as the option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do this in After Effects, instead of PPro.

In Advanced Mode, turn on Detailed Analysis and Show Track Points. After the stabilization has been done, you can scrub through the footage and select & delete all the tracking point that you don't want the stabilization to happen on. You may need to go through a large portion of the clip, but stabilization is re-done and gets better with every iteration.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the replies. In the end, I used an 8-point mask to isolate the "core" of the center object (no parts of other objects), and Warp Stabilize it. It worked great. The fact that parts of the center robject were cut off didn't matter. I then disabled the mask and kept the Warp Stabilize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines