• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warp Stabilizer + Rolling Shutter Correction

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a camera that does not have IBIS so of course i use adobe's premiere pro warp stabilizer and it also have rolling shutter in 4k so i use the rolling shutter correction too, but i do not get good results when i use these two tools on the same clip and do get a weird result, (even if i use warp stabilizer only i get better results) so can someone give me some tips for that ?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warp was built for resucitating short clips that couldn't be reshot, it wasn't built for 'normal' use nor for longer sections of clips. So it comes with limitations.

Typically it's better to cut a longer clip into sections of maybe 3-5 seconds because the stabilization will be better, but ... making them all fit together can be a pain. Matching the sizing and such that is used to make the bits work.

AfterEffects has a better stabilization process that sometimes is suggested to be used over the Premiere one.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks, but even if I try doing really smooth shots my camera doesn't give me good results and I don't want to buy a gimbal yet, do you have any suggestions of programs that I can use to stabilize my footage ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AfterEffects has a somewhat better stabilization effect, so you could try that.

As someone with over 40 years of making images as a profession, I've never had an unlimited budget. I've always had to scrape up the cash for some things, cadge together a workaround for others. And looked at the incredibly expensive gear of many amateurs and laugh because as a business expense, I couldn't justify the cost.

So I understand your position. This is where you have to get ... thinking. Test out different things, using a tripod or stand or something when you can, getting good at doing slow swing movements of the camera for a bit of movement here and there ... whatever you can make to work.

Also ... understand that even with a gimbal ... you have to practice that weird duck-walk for HOURS to get smooth gimbal work!

That's something that most people getting a first gimbal are shocked with ... the only way you don't have to walk "smooth" is if you've got one of those spendy rigs that's got the fourth axis ... like the ones that have a harness you wear ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, you explained to me everything that I was questioned about since I started videography 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try the rolling shutter correction by itself first. If you get a good result, then export that file as a ProRes 422 HQ file to be used as an intermediate. Import that intermediate file into Pr and then apply the warp stabilizer.

Please let us know if the results are any better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try changing the order of both in the effects panel, or try to export with the rolling shutter and then apply warp stabilizer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Past the excellent suggestions by Jeff & Christian, you could also try doing one process, nesting, then doing the other. Sometimes that 'clarifies' the internal processing steps better.

Best wishes ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines