Welcome to Premiere Pro 22.2!

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Banner_22_2.jpg

Welcome to Premiere Pro 22.2!

Update Icon.png

Hello and welcome to the February release of Premiere Pro! Premiere Pro 22.2 is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop app. With the new " Remix " feature, Premiere Pro 22.2 helps you remix audio tracks to custom lengths. This release also improves new efficiencies for professional speech-to-text workflows by allowing you to work offline with downloaded libraries. It's now up to three times faster. Check out recent hardware acceleration for 10-bit 4:2:0 HEVC on Intel CPU/GPU and NVIDIA GPU systems on Windows, along with other performance enhancements.

This update is recommended for all users. 

If you are experiencing any issues, please create a new post explaining your problem rather than placing it here so that we can help. If you have a bug to report or any complaint, please do that on User Voice. 

New Features in Premiere Pro 22.2

Editing and Workflow
Premiere Pro version 22.2 introduces Remix for retiming music to match video content, faster Speech to Text, performance enhancements, and a whole lot more!

whats_new_premeire_pro_max_2021_speach_text_device.png

Speech to Text now 3x faster

Speech to Text on-device lets you work without an internet connection, generating transcriptions up to 3x faster.

More info

faster-speech-to-text.jpg.img.jpg

whats_new_premiere_pro_feb_2022_remix.png

Remix, powered by Adobe Sensei

Use Remix to retime songs so that your music matches your videos intelligently. Remix analyzes a song and creates a new arrangement in seconds. 

More info

KevinMonahan_2-1644293267893.jpeg

More GPU-accelerated effects

Newly GPU-accelerated effects include Linear Wipe and Block Dissolve.

More info

whats_new_premiere_pro_feb_2022_support_for new_macbook.jpg

Support for MacBook Pro notch

Premiere Pro automatically adjusts the fullscreen display to account for the notch in 2021 MacBook Pro models.

More info

whats_new_premiere_pro_feb_2022_new_format_support.png

Format support

This release includes support for footage from the new Canon EOS R5 C camera.

More info

Performance improvements
Check out the following performance improvements in Premiere Pro 22.2.

whats_new_premiere_pro_feb_2022_hdr_hevc.png

Faster 420 HEVC exports on Windows

Thanks to new hardware encoding, 10-bit 420 HDR footage exports are now up to 10x faster on Windows systems with Intel or NVIDIA GPUs.

More info

PrPro_10-bit-420-Exports-Windows-NVIDIA.jpg.img.jpg

PrPro_10-bit-420-Exports-Windows-Intel.jpg.img.jpg

Premiere Pro Beta

Here are some of the many new features currently found in Premiere Pro Beta!

whats_new_premeire_pro_max_2021_beta_auto_tune.png.img.png

Auto Tone

Auto Tone uses new technology to apply intelligent color corrections in the Lumetri Color panel. Auto Tone adjustments are reflected in the Lumetri sliders so that you can fine-tune the results.

More info

whats_new_premeire_pro_max_2021_improvement_new_import.png.img.png

Improvements for new Import mode

In Premiere Pro (Beta), the new import mode includes UI refinements, sorting options, marquee selection, a playhead for scrubbing thumbnails, copying import files, and more.

More info

Complete documentation for Premiere Pro 22.2 features

New Features

Fixed Issues

Known issues

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, I'm insanely happy today. I want to inform everyone who had problems with Caption in Premiere early versions. Many complained about non-working subtitles. Now I have personally tested the new Caption algorithm and I can say with confidence that IT WORKS in Premiere v.22.2. Yes, damn it, it worked. Damn it. THIS IS A VICTORY. I am very happy and express my gratitude to the engineers and those who worked on this problem. And the most key role here was played by the automatic loading of missing packages for the supported language and offline translation. This is a sensation. Previously, I could not test this function, because I had an error or a broken transcription service. Why this has not been done before remains a mystery. We waited so much and not in vain. The only thing is that we need to work on improving it in terms of more flexible settings with the possibility of adding a second line for an additional language on the timeline. This is voted by the majority in the user's voice. I advise everyone to try the updated Transcribe function and unsubscribe here about your results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next important thing for all editors, I would like to see is the automatic removal of silence in PrPro. We vote

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere 22.2 only opening in 'run as administrator' mode for me (Windows 11).  Had to roll back to 22.1.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update

I am trying to adjust audio, but unfortunately the pen tool is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I apply the mastering effect in the Mix channel in the Audio Track Mix panel, the whole program crashes. This has been happening the past few versions. Im working on a MacBook Pro with an M1 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since applying the latest upgrade the Text tool seems to be really fussy as to when I can/can't put a new simple bit of text on a project. Like I need to click elsewhere in the timeline, cycle tools then MAYBE Text will work. Anyone else getting this irratic behaviour with Text since the latest update? Used to be first time , every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:  Reset my preferences, seems to be better now. Will monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

너무너무 좋아요!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE LINK NOT WORKING AGAIN !@!@!@ why implement this function WHEN IT BREAKS WITH EVERY UPDATE.
I got the exact same file path as you can see on the picture below how can it still be missing my media?? i just don'tunderstand it anymore... i quess to import every shot again and never update this piece of software again.
ADOBE.png
Adobe i really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really hate you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

erikb7240238 - Bruh. Sorry. You have Google Drive in your file path. See what happens if you do not use Google Drive. I bet it works better. Would you like me to move your post to the main forum?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you for updating I hope I can use adobe in a effective way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nice allScreenshot 2022-03-16 184903.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Premiere Pro community, Adam! Are you messing around with the Substance tools? Great fun!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

업그레이드 하고 나니... 시퀀스에 올라오는 영상들이 다 노출값이 올라가고 영상자체가 못쓰게 되네요

본영상은 제대로 나오는데...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey 레삐,

How are you, my friend? Are you using Sony or iPhone HDR footage? Let us know.

Glad to hear from our Korean community. Have a good weekend.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines