• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Welcome to Premiere Pro 22.4!

Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to Premiere Pro 22.4!Welcome to Premiere Pro 22.4!

Welcome to Premiere Pro 22.4!

Update Icon.png

Hello and welcome to the May release of Premiere Pro! Premiere Pro 22.4 is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop app. The new features include:

This update is recommended for all users. 

If you are experiencing any issues, please create a new post explaining your problem rather than placing it here so that we can help. If you have a bug to report or any complaint, please do that on User Voice. 

New Features in Premiere Pro 22.4

Export GIFs with transparency

Whats-new-pr-may-2022-export-gif-transparency.jpg.img.jpg

Premiere Pro now supports transparency when exporting GIFs, adding greater flexibility for short social media content.

For more information, see:

Export video
Export settings reference for Premiere Pro

Options to enable exporting GIFs with transparency.Options to enable exporting GIFs with transparency.

Distribute objects in titles and graphics
Whats-new-pr-may-2022-distrubute_objects_tiles_graphics.jpg.img.jpgYou can now distribute objects on the Program Monitor by moving text or shapes so that their edges are equally distant from each other.

For more information, see Align and distribute text and shapes.

10x faster exports for 10-bit 4:2:0 HEVC on macOS
Whats-new-pr-may-2022-10x-faster-hvec-mac.jpg.img.jpgExport times for your 10-bit 4:2:0 HEVC footage are significantly faster on Mac Intel and M1 systems.

10x faster exports for 10-bit 4:2:0 HEVC on macOS10x faster exports for 10-bit 4:2:0 HEVC on macOS

Select HEVC from the Format drop-down under Export Settings to enable this option. Then under the Video tab, go to Encoding Settings. If the system supports hardware encoding, the Performance field is set to Hardware Encoding. Set the profile level to Main 10. Setting it to Software Encoding will disable hardware encoding, and Adobe Premiere Pro won't use hardware to encode the media.

The minimum OS version required for this feature to be enabled is macOS Big Sur (version 11).

Enable Hardware Accelerated Encoding for 10 bit 4:2:0 HEVC on macOSEnable Hardware Accelerated Encoding for 10 bit 4:2:0 HEVC on macOS

On Apple M1 systems, HEVC HLG 4:2:0 10-bit encoding still encodes via software. 

10x faster exports for 10-bit 4:2:0 HEVC on AMD
Whats-new-pr-may-2022-10x-faster-hvec.jpg.img.jpgExports for 10-bit 4:2:0 HEVC footage are up to 10x faster for supported AMD GPUs on Windows.

10x faster exports for 10-bit 4:2:0 HEVC on AMD10x faster exports for 10-bit 4:2:0 HEVC on AMD

Select HEVC from the Format drop-down under Export Settings to enable this option. Then under the Video tab, go to Encoding Settings. If the GPU card supports HW encoding, the Performance field will be set to Hardware Encoding. Set the profile level to Main 10. Setting it to Software Encoding will disable hardware encoding and Adobe Premiere Pro won't use AMD hardware to encode the media. 

If you have an AMD GPU card that supports 10-bit 4:2:0 HEVC encode on your Windows machine, you will be able to use this feature.

HEVC 10-bit encoding is enabled in Navi10 and up. Consumer: RX 5XXX, RX 6XXX, Pro: W 5XXX, W 6XXX. The minimum driver version required is 21.10.1. Its corresponding Windows Driver Store version for Win 10/11 is 30.0.13025.1000.

Improved QuickTime screen recording playback
Whats-new-pr-may-2022-improve-screenrecording-playback.jpg.img.jpgWork more easily with screen captures, thanks to smoother playback and scrubbing of QuickTime screen recordings in this release of Premiere Pro.

Smart rendering improvements
Whats-new-pr-may-2022-smart-render-improvement.jpg.img.jpgUse smart rendering to speed up exports by taking advantage of matching codecs and sequence previews. Smart rendering improvements in this release provide greater reliability and faster exports for supported formats.

For more information on smart rendering, see Smart rendering.

HDR Proxies
Whats-new-pr-may-2022-hdr-proxis.jpg.img.jpgWork faster with HDR footage by creating HDR proxies of your media. Generate smaller medium- and high-resolution copies of your files in the correct color space automatically. HDR proxies match the originals visually and offer improved performance while editing.

To create proxies in Premiere Pro, right-click on your media in the Project panel and choose Proxy > Create Proxies. Then select your preferred format. Adobe Media Encoder generates proxies in the background so you can continue editing. Once your proxies are ready, Premiere Pro automatically swaps them in, providing better performance while you edit. You can easily toggle back and forth between the proxies and your source files, for example, to check for quality, crop in on high-resolution footage, or color grading.

For more information, see Create proxies.
-----------------

Premiere Pro Beta

There are currently no new features in Beta. Premiere Pro's import, export, header bar, and Auto Color (called Auto Tone while in Beta) features are now available in the latest main release of Premiere Pro. Download it from Creative Cloud Desktop and get started editing.

Complete documentation for Premiere Pro 22.4 features

New Features

Fixed Issues

Known issues

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For This Statement:

Improved QuickTime screen recording playback

Work more easily with screen captures, thanks to smoother playback and scrubbing of QuickTime screen recordings in this release of Premiere Pro.

Does this refer to VBR improvement for decoding?  or what does it mean in practice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @FlyingFourFun ,

Thanks for asking. The current improvement is focused on removing glitches with screen recordings(Quick Time/iphones etc.). Like in the following threads :-
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/my-premiere-project-quot-glitches-quot-when-...
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/quicktime-screen-recording-glitches-in-premi...

Ideally, Premiere Pro should handle variable framerates without any issue now. 
If you still find any issues with any such file, please let us know. We will take it up on priority.

Please also share the source media(screen recordings) causing such issues. 

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sound amazing thing,,, thanks for update, hopefully not break another amazing thing.

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have excited to use the latest version for editing my youtube videos.

Pankaj Shah
DCP Web Designers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi @dcpweb , out of topic, by the way is it worth subscribe monthly to Premiere just for editing youtube video only?

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am AMAZED by smart rendering in this update. No joke, for me at least 8 times faster, but probably more like 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All 22.3 and 22.4 Versions including this release are crashing without saving my current project if I don't take the time to open my sequences first in Source Monitor first.  For example if I just double click a sequence on a timeline in order to open the sequence at that point then BOOM gone Premiere Pro app no longer open and any work since the last save is lost.   This also happened in Premiere Pro 22.3.X

Im excited about the new features but wish that the platform would not do these crashes because it is very frustrating.

I am on a 2020 fully loaded iMac 128gb Ram 16G Radeon Pro 5700 graphics card and i9 10-core processor.

If there is a better more effective place to report problems like this Im not sure what it is.  My previous post about this issue seems to have been ignored so I am replying here hoping someone will see it.  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even just Command-Shift-K to cut all tracks in the timeline is causing an abrupt crash without saving.

Can anyone tell me if they are also experiencing these crashes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it's a startup issue.  It keeps getting hung up upon launching the app at "QuickTime.prm" and will not launch Premier Pro. Doesn't matter if I open through Creative Cloud or via the Premier Pro file.  All the suggested fixes are for older versions and don't work.  This has been a known problem in other versions ... why is it not being fixed?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pflowmarketing,

Sorry to hear that. Is iCloud Drive handling backup for your documents folder? If so, disable it and see if the problem goes away.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't.  I'm a Windows user (Windows 10) and it should be backing up all my files to a network drive.  It used to backup to my C drive but I never think that's a good idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me the last Version renders much slower then the old one! YouTube 4K - H264 (NVIDIA GPU)  A Movie with 1 hour playtime was rendered in around 20 minutes, now it takes over 1 Hour with the same settings. Only Lumetri is used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines