• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is "render in to out"?

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Final Cut Pro user who is teaching herself Premiere Pro. According to a Lynda.com tutorial (for Premiere Pro CC 2017) that I am watching, you should render a morph cut transition in to out if you want to preview it. In the tutorial, "render in to out" is in the sequence menu toward the very top. But my copy of Premiere ProCC 2018, which I downloaded less than a week ago, has no "render in to out" command in the Sequence menu (see screen shot).

I thought that perhaps I might find a keyboard shortcut for this, in Premiere Pro CC > keyboard shortcuts, and used the search function to find the shortcut for "render in to out", but no luck.  Next I went into Help > search and entered "render in to out," but nothing. Then I looked on the web whether that command was abolished in the most recent update, but that does not seem to have been the case.

I know I can work around this by rendering a selection, but if the "in to out" command exists, I'd like to use it.

What should I do to make this happen?

Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 9.15.39 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

The Render In to Out option doesn't appear when you're using the Work Area bar. You must have enabled this because it's disabled by default these days. It's a relic of older versions. This is easily fixed by going to the flyout (or hamburger) menu next to your timeline's  name and unchecking "Work Area Bar." Check out the attached screenshot.

Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 9.03.35 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Render In to Out option doesn't appear when you're using the Work Area bar. You must have enabled this because it's disabled by default these days. It's a relic of older versions. This is easily fixed by going to the flyout (or hamburger) menu next to your timeline's  name and unchecking "Work Area Bar." Check out the attached screenshot.

Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 9.03.35 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked, thank you! I would never have figured this out on my own.

And just in case someone else has that question, here's where the flyout or hamburger menu is that you mentioned.

Flyout.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just stopped by to say thanks.... never in 100 years could have found the fix to enable back the render In-Out option. For bigger time lines if I want to test a small part after applying some effects this is the only quick way to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you David!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunatly this doesn't completely work. This solution will render from In to Out, but when it plays, it will play the Work Area.

Anyone have any ideas how to both render and play In to Out with the single press of a button? It worked pre-2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines