• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

While playing the timeline, the playhead stops if a text is being edited in essential graphics panel

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When timeline is playing, playhead stops moving or is laggy if a clip is selected, and stops completely if a text clip is selected and edited inside the essential graphics panel.

My PC is Ryzen 2600, RTX 2060, 32 GB of RAM, and I use a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 USB audio interface. Windows 10.

1. I have video, audio, and text clips on the timeline. If none of the clips are selected, the timeline plays fine. Text clips are not pre-rendered (rendering in and out), but the rest are.

2. I select a text clip. Playhead becomes very laggy. No matter what panel I am on, it is always laggy.

3. I select the text clip (let's say the text says "WORD" and shows as such in the panels) and go to essential graphics. Then, at the top of the essential graphics panel, I click the edit tab and click "WORD" to edit the text position and formatting. Now while editing when I press space to play the timeline, the playhead won't move at all.

4. I pre-rendered everything, but the bug persists.

I am not using any plugins, but Premiere does recognize my own VSTs and has them listed in the effects panel.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you are using PR 24.2.1? I am also on Win10, and do not see this in a very simple sequence.

Single 3:46 clip sequence, add one text instance, "Word." Select in EGP, space bar activates playback.

What do you see in such a simple sequence?

I have generally been unable to replicate the sluggish behavior you describe, which may be more common on Macs.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah its 24.2.1. I now tried an empty sequence with only text in it and used bunch of different sequence settings but still had the same problem. If i go to EGP to edit the text and press playback the playhead wont move and just teleports to the part where i stop the playback. Oh yeah my win10 is enterprise version but not sure if that makes a difference. I am thinking of buying a new ssd in a month or two and planning to re-install windows and all the software so if this discussion is still open when its done i will post if the issue has left with the clean install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2024 Aug 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @KamiDistressed,

Thanks for the bug report. We didn't hear back from you after you reinstalled the application on the new SSDs. I hope the problme has subsided. Let us know if you are still having trouble. I will move your report to the discussions forum while we await a response. Take care!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines