• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I horizontally scale a shape in my sequence?

Contributor ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an extremely basic thing I need to accomplish: Take a shape and scale it horizontally over-time (to align with a given section), such as in the following example:

example.png

Now, I have done this at least five times. But for some reason, I'm flatly unable to accomplish this. So I have either popped a rivet (not impossible) or something subtle has changed. Normally, I would draw out my shape, then set my keyframes and then drag out the two rightmost shape handles to 'fill' the whole line.

But now I find that I can't select individual points on the shape. And I can't scale it horizontally. I have no idea how to do this very basic thing and would love some guidance. This is driving me absolutely insane and costing me too much time.

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Half-figured something out. If the shape is too small, then I lose the ability to resize it with the handles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you use the Zoom Level in the Program Monitor or unlocked scale in the EGP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot understand either of those recommendations. Can you elaborate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying everything but no luck. I have created keyframes on the Vector Motion option for the graphic. I have tried to Keyframe the Transform/Position & Scale values but its as though keyframes don't exist. I only modify the graphic as a whole. Timeline is irrelevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AHA: Horizontal and Vertical Scale are unlocked after I select Uniform Scale, which only appears under the Shape Option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buuuut, then you are limited by how wide it can be. Not even close enough.

This is SO INFURIATING.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, for real, it's PATH. Keyframing that works. Thank god.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just tried animating the position property and it works fine. I created 3 shapes inside an Essential Graphics template.

BTW: AE is way easier/better for this stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines