Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why candle flames are black when exporting video in any format

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to ask for your help since I didn't find any solution to my problem. I have a video with several clips shot at 30 FPS and 60 FPS. When previewing the final composition in Premiere Pro everything seems fine, but when exporting in any format the flames of the candles are black in some instances. I have tried exporting in H.264, H.265, MPEG and AVI. But in all cases the flame of the candle remains black.

Can you please tell me what could be the problem taking into consideration that the video itself doesn´t have this issue in the app, but only when exporting?

I attach a screenshot.

Thank you for your answers.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you shooting a RAW format such as Blackmagic RAW? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I shot the video with a Fujifilm X-T3 in H.265 format with All Intra compression at 30FPS. The videos look fine inside the editing Panel and also in the camera, but when trying to export the final composition the flames of the candles have that black layer over them.

I've also tried exporting the unedited versions of the clips, but they all have this issue when exporting them.

Do you know what may seem to be the cause?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, some basic information on using the forum. Please use the picture icon to add images to your posts, not the "attach" paper-clip icon. If you use the picture icon, the pictures show up in your post, and do not require downloading on our computers to view. Whereas the 'attach' paper-clip icon requires us to download the file to our computer to see it.

Next ... clearly, there is clipping going on and Premiere is 'reversing' the clipped pixels to black. This is something that happens at times with media Premiere is having difficulty with or particular GPU issues.

First, what are your scopes showing? Either Parade RGB or the Waveform in "YC no chroma" mode. If you have pixels above 100, see if you can drop them below 100 in the Color workspace using the Lumetri panel and avoid this. This has occasionally been a workaround.

Second, setting the GPU Mercury Acceleration setting in the project panel to Software only occasionally helps. That's annoying of course but at least the work gets out.

And last ... please post this on the UserVoice forum in full details so it goes direct to the engineer's system. At Adobe MAX last week I talked with an engineer who reads nearly every submission made. They want detailed reports of anything and everything. So your computer specs, GPU and driver, media format/codec from which camera, and that sort of thing.

Adobe UserVoice Bug /Feature form: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines