• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why is "create new title" so hard to find now?

Explorer ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so listen: TITLES are not "obsolete" hopefully.

so why is the create new title dialog so hard to find?

why is it no longer under the NEW ITEM context menu when I'm in a sub-folder (bin)?

seems to me that "titles" are one important piece of engineering for videos.  it's bizarre that they've been relegated to some dark corner of the available menu system.

I'm also not understanding why two of my most important EFFECT MODULES (Fast Color Corrector and Luma Curves) are now relegated to the "obsolete" department?  These were two of the easiest to use intuitive tools for basic color and luma changes.  "Obsolete"...?!   Do we all have to be complete nerds to operate some of the "rocket science" tools that are totally unnecessary for those not doing broadcast video?

IMHO, this is really 'questionable' progress on Adobe's part.  These were great tools to have on hand.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Sorry to say, but Life moves on. Sometimes "we" like it, sometimes ... not so much.

Fast Color has some issues in the color science. Yea, it can be fast ... but I've seen enough demos of the things that happens while you're trying to use it, to see why many colorists have always felt the color science part of that seriously flawed. But then, even though I used it for several years, I never found anything about it intuitive.

Luma curves ... useful, yep. And still there ... just in a different menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature creep!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya Hoodoo!

Take a deep breath and let it out slowly. 

Then, go to this page:

Adobe Premiere Pro Help | Essential Graphics Panel

Then scroll down to "Using Premiere Pro Titler to create graphics".

You may be pleasantly surprised by the new Type Tool.

Of course, the old Title panels are still there.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to say, but Life moves on. Sometimes "we" like it, sometimes ... not so much.

Fast Color has some issues in the color science. Yea, it can be fast ... but I've seen enough demos of the things that happens while you're trying to use it, to see why many colorists have always felt the color science part of that seriously flawed. But then, even though I used it for several years, I never found anything about it intuitive.

Luma curves ... useful, yep. And still there ... just in a different menu.

File/New/Legacy Title gets the old Titler back. I've found it amusing that the part of the program that was only more reviled by comments about Closed Captions ... has now become the beloved Titler.

The new setup, the Essential Graphics Panel, can actually do some very nifty things. It's so differently designed that figuring it out ... also ain't "intuitive". Hence, many threads on here discussing that.

There are some videos out there explaining how to use the new EGP for great effect ... and you need to go search them out to be able to actually use many of it's features. Sigh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines