• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 11 Fullscreen bug

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an interesting and annoying bug which seems to have recently occured since upgrading to Windows 11.

When viewing Premiere Pro in fullscreen on my 4K display (175% DPI scaling) the timeline and right-hand panel does not update. It's like the window is not bothering to repaint itself for any events. Not only this, but clicking on the Pr icon in the task bar does nothing - it doesn't minimise the application like it usually does, and in fact prevents you from selecting any other windows in this way too. The only way to see any other windows is to minimise Premiere Pro.

I spent some time trying to bug fix this (reinstalling, updating graphics, resetting preferences, clearing caches) until I realised that if I make the window not fullscreen, and the window is at least several pixels smaller than the available area on both the width and height (excluding the taskbar) then the window DOES repaint. (Note that if I just drag the window to be as big as it can be on screen it still malfunctions).

Whilst this bug is exhibiting it is also consuming 25% continuously of an 8 core CPU.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post that here, where the Adobe engineers read all threads:
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One recurrent problem with Premiere and Windows scaling is that it doesn't seem to like 125% or 175%, while 100%, 150%, and 200% seem to normally work fine.

So try either 150% or 200%.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks both. Strangely, a few days later, it's now randomly behaving itself. 🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines