• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

With ExtendScript, how to set the "Input File" or "Look" in Lumetri with a external blob?

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to set the Look by providing a index number which reprensents the menu option from the dropdown

app.project.activeSequence.videoTracks[0].clips[0].components[2].properties[32].setValue(5, true);

Is there a way to load a LUT as blob programatically and set it for the Look? Maybe somehow initiate the "Browse" option and programatically inject the the blob's path?

Checking this document about the Lumetri properties, on index 0 there is the Blob property, but I don't know what it is for? Reading the value from that property gives me some weird output like:

䰼浵瑥楲ਾ†朼極㹤攢㌸捣㙢ⴰ慡ㄱㄭ攱ⵣ㘹ㄳ㌭昸搹戳ㄶ㥣≥⼼畧摩ਾ†瘼牥楳湯∾∳⼼敶獲潩㹮 㰠慮敭∾㰢港浡㹥 㰠敫晹慲敭ਾ††琼浩㹥〢㰢琯浩㹥 †㰠睴敥㹮〢㰢琯敷湥ਾ††攼獡楥㹮ㄢ㰢支獡楥㹮 †㰠慥敳畯㹴ㄢ㰢支獡潥瑵ਾ††猼汥捥整汤祡牥∾∰⼼敳敬瑣摥慬敹㹲 †㰠桳摡牥ਾ†††渼浡㹥弢䝟潲灵敂楧≮⼼慮敭ਾ†††挼獵潴湭浡㹥弢䝟潲灵敂楧≮⼼畣瑳浯慮敭ਾ†††瘼獩扩敬∾∱⼼楶楳汢㹥 ††㰠潬正摥楶楳汢㹥〢㰢氯捯敫癤獩扩敬ਾ†††漼慰楣祴∾∱⼼灯捡瑩㹹 ††㰠慭歳∾∰⼼慭歳ਾ†††瘼捥潴浲獡㹫〢㰢瘯捥潴浲獡㹫 ††㰠....

I can't find any solution on the web and there is no much help in the documentation of the API.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , How to , Import , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

>Is there any way a "remote" LUT file can be applied programmatically in the Lumetri panel?

No, there is no API that allows for that.

Justin wrote: 

>I still couldn't get it to work, which leads me to believe that there are some other processes happening behind the scenes that the scripting API don't have access to.

Correct!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Above, you said Justin's proposal worked; did you try Justin's proposal, in PPro 23.4 or greater?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Justin's proposal worked in our case for versions before PPro 23.4, but they stopped working from version 23.4.

I can't figure out why...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Is there any way a "remote" LUT file can be applied programmatically in the Lumetri panel?

No, there is no API that allows for that.

Justin wrote: 

>I still couldn't get it to work, which leads me to believe that there are some other processes happening behind the scenes that the scripting API don't have access to.

Correct!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines