Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong colors after import media

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community,

The colors of my video and images are entirely different when I upload them to Premiere Pro (see attachment). A week ago, everything was fine and now all the colors are over-exposed and different. I have the latest version of Premiere Pro and installed all the latest updates on my Mac, but nothing is working. What is causing this problem? I can no longer use the program because the colors are also incorrect during export, as seen in the images.

Does someone know this problem?

Many thanks!! 

Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 21.01.16.png

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Hardware or GPU , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BLM,

I think I understand. This may have to do with the original footage. Was it shot on your iPhone or Sony video camera in HDR? You can verify this by right-clicking and choosing Properties. Is HDR listed there? Sorry about that. Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the fast response!

I don't see HDR in the properties but if I open the video, I see HDR in the top left of the screen, see picture: 

BLM28231716tm5j_0-1675371287299.png

I also set it to rec 709. The color changes but not to the right colors. The right colors you can see in the picture above.

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, BLM.

You can download Media Info to check the media in depth. Tree view screenshots are best. The more info we can see, the better. It's free!

I hope we can solve this!

Thanks!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this what you mean?

BLM28231716tm5j_0-1675374960575.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That clip is an HDR clip, in the HLG format.

So to use on a 'normal' SDR/Rec.709 sequence you need to

• right-click one or more similar clips in the Project panel
  • go to Modify/Interpret Footage dialog
  • set the Override-to option at the bottom to Rec.709
  • redo any current color corrections on the sequence.

And of course use only the standard SDR/Rec.709 export presets, the ones that do not include HLG or PQ in the preset names.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your answer. I already set it to rec.709 like mention above, but still the colors are way different than the original file. 

BLM28231716tm5j_0-1675378421674.png

See the picture above to see the right colors and this picture after I put it on rec.709. Its still way different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the Display Color Management option set in the Preferences?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Did this ever get resolved? I am having the same issue. I tried changing the setting to Rec .709 as mentioned below, but that didn't seem to do anything for me either. So strange. When I view the original video on my my phone or computer, the color looks fine, but when I import it into Premiere, the color changes (fades and gets washed out looking). Funnily enough, when I imported it into Canva, it did the same thing at first (looked faded) but then Canva auto corrected the colors of the file! It was odd, but good. However, I still prefer to edit in Premiere, so please help! Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then you don't have the correct set of color management options chosen.

And we can't really help if you don't tell us what media color spaces, sequence color space you'd prefer, and your OS and monitor setting.

Then ... we can help.

And if you're on a Mac, well  ... that opens an additional can of worms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines