• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zooming in timeline problem (Mac OS and Logitech MX Master 3)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Logitech MX Master 3 on a MacBook Air M1.

I have mainly 2 problems...

1 - When I zoom in a timeline with the Alt+Vertical Scroll, the timeline zoom all the way without any issues, at any speed. But when I try to zoom out fast, it goes all the way out and sudently goes all the way in very fast at the zoom. It's very annoying because when I wanna see all the project by zooming out, I have to do it very slowly. (In the video: 00:00 - 00:13)

2 When I use the the zoom in/out with the Alt+Horizontal Scroll of the MX Master 3, the "stops" are not quite smooth. Between one and another stop the change is too much abrupt... (In the video: 00:13 - final)

Any solutions for this problems?

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

I had this issue on my 2020 iMac. I found that if I changed the scroll speed to the minimum for premiere pro it would fix that issue. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 1.18.15 PM.png

 The main issue I'm having with this mouse is that now my timeline navigation doesn't work, but I'm pretty sure it's unrelated. It worked last week, but when I started working this monday I could no longer control the playhead with my thumbwheel, or use the side buttons to go frame by frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No solution, but as much as I like my MX mice, Logitechs Mac software/drivers are (in my opinion) not good.

Have they updated their software to support M1's? Or are they running in emulation mode ... that might be part of the problem.

Check to see if they have any updated software.

I can only suggest that you use the '+' & '-' keys for timeline zooming and the backslash key to return to full timeline width.

Not what you want but still a (alternate) fast way to navigate the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is up to date, unfortunately...

Maybe is a problem with the M1, hope they fix it, Im using the timeline bar to navigate now, but it's a lot more time consuming

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue on my 2020 iMac. I found that if I changed the scroll speed to the minimum for premiere pro it would fix that issue. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 1.18.15 PM.png

 The main issue I'm having with this mouse is that now my timeline navigation doesn't work, but I'm pretty sure it's unrelated. It worked last week, but when I started working this monday I could no longer control the playhead with my thumbwheel, or use the side buttons to go frame by frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That solved my problem apparently, now is much better, thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved my problem too! Thanks so much for this one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Logitech Options application was recently updated for Big Sur.

On my M1 Mac Mini, my Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Mouse works as expected in a Premiere Pro with or without the drivers installed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it was the update or the scroll speed, but now it's working much better, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue. I downloaded the new Logitech MX for mac BETA software and it fixed my issues. Recommended!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same Issue on Windows 10.
Wasted a whole load of time trying different things.
I beleieve the issue started after I updated to the latest utility (Logi+), so I rolled back to a previous version (9.70.68) and all functionality has returned, thankfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens to me with MX Vertical and the lastest Logi Options+, it's very very annoying....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just as a workarround you can install Smooze Pro and activate the smooth scroll for adobe premier with the following settings: vertical lines: 1.00, acceleration: 0.0, hold alt to divide lines by: 3, duration: 50

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines