• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make the Essential Graphics interface options flexible & robust (Folders)

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make the Essential Graphics browser flexible: sorting, icon or text, import .mogrt folders, mort folder organizing on the desktop will appea
Idea No status
TOPICS
Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 159 Replies 159
159 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it would help if you just put the folder structure back instead of patronizing professional editors by telling us our workflow is wrong. In many ways, this is why I left Apple all those years ago....can anyone say Final Cut X, please stop ducking the issues and put the bloody folders back.....please and thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I purchased 300 very cool templates. If I understand the current workflow I get to import each of them one at a time (will eating an entire pizza). I am not able to find a way to upload the folders to creative cloud so I can sort them that way.................Normally I would just import the folders they are in and look in the appropriate folder, now assuming I take the time it will take I will have hundreds of effects to weed thru..................what am I missing?? How is this an effective workflow??

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is wrong with you? Go break something non-critical to my workflow instead of this. Garbage user experience with the "2018" Essential Graphics "new" browse feature for 'My Templates'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mogrt Organization

There's NO organizational structure in the Essential Graphics Browser. For instance, I've got numerous mogrt files all labeled "title 1", "title 2", etc... and if I search on "Clean Lower Thirds" (a package that I bought), nothing comes up. So there must be a way to organize the titles into folders, but I don't know how. I see there's a Libraries function, but why not make a way to be able to drag/drop/organize into folders for each category?

Usability

When I stare at about 50 static thumbnails, many of which are totally BLACK, it makes me think that the EG browser is not up to being able to handle mogrts? How do I know what a certain title transition looks like without animation to see how it functions? Clicking on the file info doesn't help either unless you want to assign a key word. But the problem with that is how do you know what keyword to even assign to a black thumbnail with the name "title 01"? At least in AE, there's the presets browser that does a great job of showing animated effects so you know what to choose.

Lastly, there's the matter of keyframing. Some of the built-in lower thirds have that functionality and you can edit right on the screen, but the mogrts seemed to be so locked down, that they are not as useful. You can't even change the font. Maybe that's the idea behind them?

Anyhow, it seems like mogrts aren't quite "there" yet and should have waited to be rolled out in another version. Please tell me I'm wrong here.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David -

I have a few questions to start with. Are these mogrts made in AE or Pr? Are you the author, or are you getting these from someone else? The thumbnail is determined by the author, so there is no need for them to be black. And if they are created in Pr, they can also optionally have a preview video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike. Maybe that's part of the issue then? They are from both Envato Marketplace and Motion Array. After looking into it a bit more, it seems like there's two levels of mogrts: 3rd Party and Adobe Stock, with the former being limiting in their behavior and customization. For instance, the free Adobe Stock mogrts that come with Premiere seem to be editable within the program window, plus have useful names to search by. The 3rd party mogrts that I bought may look cool, but the previews are not animated in the browser window, limited customization, and impossible to organize. Would you say that's accurate? If so, I think Adobe needs to put some standardization in place for 3rd party mogrt developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David -

Thanks for the additional info. There is not a bunch we can do about how 3rd parties make their mogrts other than ask nicely. We do try to make sure that the mogrts on Adobe Stock are standardized.

You can add tags to any mogrt on your machine (though right now you have to do it 1 at a time by opening the info window). You can also rename any mogrt (use the right-click context menu). There is not a way to replace the thumbnail or to add a video preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The previous version of Premiere had the Essential Graphics panel built as a list view, with numerous categories and subfolders to organize templates (such sports, defaults, news, etc.). These subfolders no longer exist in Premiere as of 12.1.1 and there is no list view option, making the interface clunky to navigate when searching for custom templates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yall gotta sort this Graphics importing thing. It's ridiculous that I we have to do it one by one. Adobe has been dropping the ball on a lot of things in recent times. Every day I seem to find another issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The previous version of Premiere had the Essential Graphics panel built as a list view, with numerous categories and subfolders to organize templates , Please Adobe Bring back this feature to Premiere, it is really annoying this new update, please make more easy to add new motiongraphics packs into Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bring back folders and ability to delete templates in the essential graphics panel instead of libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm REALLY missing the "list" view in the graphics templates library. For me, at least, the thumbnails burn precious screen space and add no value. Also, longer template names are cut off, especially when the icons are small.

Why not have the option for List or Icon, like almost every other panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that the new update for the Essential Graphics panel needs to include the ability to create and delete folders while in Adobe Premeire. Now I have to go into my Adobe online account to do this. Do not like it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is outrageous adobe. I heavily relied on essential graphics for my workflow and even purchased templates. Now it's INCREDIBLY slow and completely disorganized. This was a step backwards and a lot of people are incredibly upset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Essential Graphics tab is extremely slow after the update.
I spend more time searching for my templates + it is slower because all of them are rendered at the same time.

+ I want the folder filtering back

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What gives? I can no longer browse to folders to use new custom templates. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help with EG templates
To add multiple .mogrt files or folders
1.Copy the folders or files.
2. On a Mac - Go to folder and type ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Motion Graphics Template/
Past the copied .mogrt files and they will appear as individual - no folder structure but it helps add multiple files instead on one at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The essential graphics interface is extremely frustrating, and it should be so easy. Not being able to sort the mogrt files into folders makes no sense at all. Please work on this right away. Also, it would be nice to be able to see a live preview of the graphic, not just a static frame. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add multiple .mogrt files or folders
Also to navigate.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So all titles in different folder, but same filename. Amazing that it doesnt even work. PP show one of title 2 😉 Can you fix the sorting and view on this? Support for folders is a must.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup...another giant mess from Adobe. Updates are supposed to IMPROVE usability, not actually regress. Why take away the ability to have list view and folder structure is beyond me. I feel sorry for all the pros using EG every day...ADOBE are you even listening? Can you at least explain what was the logic beyond such a stupid and brainless update??

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone!

Since we here at Pixflow also faced the same issues, we decided to solve the issue ourselves by creating an extension that will cover all the shortcomings of Essential Graphics. The result is Motion Factory for Adobe Premiere (AE, PS, IL versions will soon follow) with support for MOGRT, PRPROJ, MP3, MOV, AVI, MP4, etc. And the best part is, you can organize all these in any way you like using the built-in Folder Management System! BTW, did I mention that it is FREE for download? 😄

So don't hesitate to check the link below and get Motion Factory for yourself

Download link: https://www.adobeexchange.com/creativecloud.details.100741.html
Official website: https://pixflow.net/products/motion-factory/premiere-pro/

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES PLEASE!! I have one big fat folder of goo when I try to browse templates! How are we suppose to work without any ability to organize content?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm Director of Post Production for a large media organisation. We currently have 150 Creative Cloud users, many of whom use .mogrt files. The creators of these templates as well as the end users can have a couple of hundred templates. Now that we're updating to 2018, finding that the simple and effective organisation tools are missing is seriously impacting our workflow, causing us countless unproductive hours every day as people sort through thumbnails. This would seem like an oversight on Adobe's part that could very easily be remedied. All of the other comments and suggestions on this thread are valid and would be great, but right now I'd settle just to be able to have list view and folders reinstated. I can see no reasonable reason why this feature would be removed in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Essential Graphics panel and .mogrt creation workflow has been convoluted and clunky from the beginning, and I was assuming it was a work in progress and would be smoothed out with feedback from Adobe users. Apparently, that was wishful thinking. The loss of local folder management and some sort of weird assumption about Creative Cloud libraries being a solution is a nonstarter, and should never have been implemented. Along with many users on this thread, I work for a broadcaster who DOES NOT want to share proprietary creative content in an insecure Cloud account--we NEED local access, organization, and control. So I'd suggest taking the feedback of real users very seriously and quickly figuring out a short-term fix and a long-term plan to make Essential Graphics work the way it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate