• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make the Essential Graphics interface options flexible & robust (Folders)

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make the Essential Graphics browser flexible: sorting, icon or text, import .mogrt folders, mort folder organizing on the desktop will appea
Idea No status
TOPICS
Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 159 Replies 159
159 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This keyword thing sounds nice. But have you added this to After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally nuts to remove the folders without a way to bulk import and bulk tag templates. My PP doesn't recognize many of my template folders and can't search them from inside the app, so I have to upload each template one by one. Horrible change. I just burned about three hours trying to figure out what was wrong with my folders that I could no longer navigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it impossible to drag graphics from the panel into a bin in the project? Or am I just missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott@7224 crozier We recently removed the drag and drop method of converting timeline Graphics into Master graphics in the project panel because it creates a scenrario where all new instances of the master item will always be exact duplicates of each other. That is not something that most users will ever want, so we made it harder to do inadvertently. It's still possible, you just have to use a menu item to do it. Select a Graphic in TL, then choose Graphics > Upgrade to Master Graphic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@James I still consider them pieces of footage and find it odd to have two separate footage systems, one that lives in essential graphics/CC Library world, and one that lives in the project file system. I just haven't wrapped my head around the proper workflow I guess....It has seemed counter-intuitive to me up to this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott@7224 I can understand why the workflow seems counter-intuitve when you're used to everything being like media in the Project Panel. Perhaps it would help to think of Graphic Layers as Effects (which is what they are) and the Graphic track item as a container for Layers. Like effects, Graphic Layers are only really relevant when they are used in sequence along with the media they are meant to complement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BRING BACK THE FOLDERS!! It is ridiculous that I now have to send 10+ editors five folders that they cannot easily sort.

The upgrade turned essential graphics into the most unorganized place for an editor to work.

Also--why is it that you can't just upload an entire folder? Instead editors need to upload 15+ MOGRT files individually for each folder I am creating for them.

PLEASE FIX THIS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update to Premiere came with some changes to Essential Graphics that seem to our team counterproductive.

1) the library options that allowed you to view only graphics in a given libary when looking in the EG panel have disappeared. Our workaround has been to use starring, for highly used graphics of ours, but it's clunky

2) The tile based layout is fine, but we all much prefer the text-based list option. Why do away with it altogether? Make it an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

You can still use your Creative Cloud Libraries and limit your search to Libraries or navigate to a specific Library with the checkboxes and drop down menu. I'm guessing however that your request is about the folders which are no longer visible in the new design - is that correct?

We are tracking a feature request to have the folder names you set up on disk act like keywords/tags you can enter into the Search Bar. So if you had a folder called "Morning Show Promos" you could enter that into the search bar and the contents of that folder would be displayed.

There is also another Feature Request we are tracking which requests the return of folders, icon/list view, and sorting options: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/33933886-make-the-essential...

If that request I linked above covers the same things you are looking for, I will close this feature request and we'll track the other one since it has quite a few votes already. If not, let us know what additional functionality you're hoping for.

Thanks!
Bronwyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a stupid careless update. It is so tiresome and time consuming. Dont know how was this thing ignored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To removed the folders view from Essential Graphics was not a good idea, please bring it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please allow us to create folders in the Essential Graphics' window, as in the previous Premiere update, so we can organize all the Essential graphics we import in Premiere. The new update makes it really painful to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Have you tried using keyword tags as a way to organize your templates? Is there a reason why this workflow doesn't meet your needs?

There's another thread requesting more flexibility for organizing/navigating Motion Graphics templates in the Essential Graphics panel already here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/33933886-make-the-essential...

If this thread covers your request, I'll go ahead and close this one.

Thanks!
Bronwyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bronwyn,

It's clear that most people prefer the option of folders.

I recently downloaded some packs of mogrts, over 30 in total. It's so much easier to just keep them in their respective folders (kinetic, static, lower thirds, backgrounds, etc) than to have to input keywords for them.

Also, I can't work out how to paste a keyword across multiple mogrts - it seems I can only do one at a time, unless there's something I've missed in the documentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't access recently installed .mogrt files in the essential graphics panel. Only captions and titles appear. They seem to be installed correctly since I see my files correctly through the MacOs finder in the essential graphics folder. But no access to them through the software.

Is that even possible ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I could upload individual .mogrt files through the software, but only one by one. And the pack I just bought has 305 of them.

So this is my personal work around. It seems incredibly stupid, but it works.

I went on this very useful tool through http://joshcluderay.com/downgrade-premiere-project-converter/. Thank you Josh !

You downgrade your current project version with this tool, then use creative cloud to install the previous version of Adobe Premiere Pro. Then you reopen the downgraded version of your project in the "new" older version, and the folders are back with everything looking pretty like it used to and most of all, well, workable.

Hope that helps anyone since - well - it helped me.

I must say having to do this kind of stuff, with all the anxiety of a deadline and the dead-eye look of the client over your shoulder is maybe something the Adobe team should be concerned about when making new versions... And maybe, if that doesn't sound too much of a task, actually try the software before releasing it. Have yourself some kind of external editor-team looking out for us and try it before it fails.

And since I'm in Belgium, and this pretty much ruined my Saturday night. I'm going to grab myself a Beer, with a capital B, like Brussels.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow you guys - this is unworkable and astoundingly BAD UX. Like David said - please use your products before releasing an update. The thinking behind this one was super-flawed, backwards, and LAME. It puts those awful, f'ugly 'templates-you-never-want-to-use' front and center. Please never do that again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The search did not work for me. I have many graphics that just say Lower Third and all of them were put into a specific show folder. The folder name that I had does not come up in the search query. Please just give us back the folders and let us organize them our own way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to add to the requests for a return to a folder structure - the specific sub-sets of templates we require for our clients makes navigating with the new implementation much harder than it used to be. Being able to have folder structures specific to each client's needs helped reduce the cognitive load of figuring out what terms to search for and then actually searching.

The tagging system is a useful addition as secondary navigation, but there is a significant piece of work require to go through, identify and tag our existing templates. I cannot seem to find a way to apply tags to multiple templates at once, so the workload here is increased again.

The tagging etc will be useful, but I would much prefer folder and list to be available as a primary navigation method.

Cheers,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Madness...Adobe tried to solve a problem that didn't exist to begin with on this one! To try and create a UI without folder options is about like trying to create words without vowels. Admit the mistake and fix the issue please. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not having the option to arrange the templates by folder is confusing for a beginner working with Adobe Classroom in a Book (considering this is a certified Adobe book). I thought something was wrong with my program initially and it took me an hour to realize it was something on your end and not mine. This is a bad tweak to premiere considering how organized you are with other functions in premiere as well as other Adobe programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From reading all the above feedback it would appear Adobe does not understand the importance and implications of what is happening with its clients.

I am an ACI taking a class for a major broadcast client in Australia on Friday. I've just received their style guide referring to importing FOLDERS of .mogrt templates which have been set up in FOLDERS in the pre-April version - a simple process to set up, import and use.

They have recently 'upgraded' (downgrade) to 12.1.1 which no longer allows for this feature. I now have the diabolical task of trying to help them find a solution.

In three shows alone, they have hundreds of templates, grouped into over 20 folders for different programs and social media! Inside each program folder are specific templates but with names like 2x3 Letterbox. They HAVE to use folders to keep all the variations sorted into the correct program categories.

This 'update' has been out for over two months and STILL not been addressed. Don't patronise us by sending us to another link that 'addresses this problem' so you can close this thread. PLEASE follow up with the 'other' department instead of making us run around in constant circles doing your job for you.

BTway, adding tags and keywords does not work and is a ridiculous, time consuming 'solution' to fix a problem caused by Adobe's lack of vision.

I'd also like to know who these 'users' were who suggested the interface felt outdated. As an ACI for 5 Adobe products, I certainly have NEVER been asked for my opinion on any new features or asked for feature requests. Along with my hundreds of students, I have certainly made many (and repeated) Feature Requests - only one of which has ever been implemented.

James Stawn's instructions on how to export from AE and other suggestions for 'solutions' is ridiculous. Do you REALLY expect people to go through such convoluted work arounds for all their existing templates which are used across entire organisations. Do you have ANY idea how long this would take - to fix something that was working perfectly in the previous version.

This whole mess smacks of a repeat of the Adobe evasion tactics to cloud the issue, as when the new Cache-ing system implemented in April 2017 ended in disastrous consequences for many clients.

On the plus side, some of the new updates to Essential Graphics, eg. finally allowing multiple graphic layer selection and alignment (long overdue) work well - but not well enough to make up for the hours and hours of grief this one omission is causing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bring back a way to view essential graphic with folders.

This is not a good way to organize this unless you are trying to appeal to beginners who don't know how to create or import their own graphic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to save and use .mogrt on networks. To be able to set up a templates folder wherever you would like. This would enable teams to be able to access the template across multiple users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE...
- Use FOLDER view in EGP
- Use LIST view in EGP
- Let import more than one AT ONE TIME
- SHARE dynamicly from a folder on network
- INCLUDE fonts Inside by default

AND fix the bug of different language creation file ... (If I create on French AE, somes action didn't work on US Premiere in 2017 version and 2018 version) !

Votes

Translate

Translate