• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please stop making it so difficult to work with different Premiere-versions!

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is really annoying to work with Premiere pro, dealing with clients who doesn't always have the newest Version. The changes you make with the upgrades are not that huge, so I don't See the reason to make it impossible to work with a slightly older Version, importier a file from a neuer one. I appreciate the whole adobe suite very much but this is really a pain, since the updates are coming more frequently
Idea Under review
TOPICS
Interoperability or 3rd party tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023
Hi Florian,

while this is a rather critical and large change to the way the application works and will take some time to be implemented, we'll definitely put this under consideration.

There's more than one solution to this problem, though.

A good short term opportunity is to use the parallel install feature in the creative cloud application. It should help to at least take away some of the issues working with people on a different version of the application.

Another thing worth keeping in mind is th...

Votes

Translate

Translate
53 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting to think of switching to another editing software because of the errors and glitches whenever there are newer versions. Premiere 2020 was great. Now it's just stressful and impractical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've worked with Premiere since CS6. Been on these forums awhile.

I also work with/for/teach pro colorists. So I'm rather comfortable in Resolve also, since what ... 15? Maybe late 14?

I've not known either app to 'nail' a new release for all users. There were many Resolve users that never found a 16 build usable, went from say late 15 to the second or third release of 17.

I've normally had good results with Premiere ... though quite frequently, it was the second dot update that actually worked. One release ... 2017 or maybe 2016 ... I couldn't use for nearly six months in, due to an issue between it and the hardware/media I was running.

In all cases, with both apps, I've just kept working in the stable build. Although the Adobe model makes it a ton easier to test a new major version. 

I recommend for all professional users, that when Adobe comes out with the new major version annually, you install it ... without removing any prior versions.

Create a new project in the new version. From that project, in the Media browser panel, navigate to a current working project, and ... IMPORT the assets, the media, sequences and such of that project, into the new version project.

Now ... play with it awhile. See if it works. If there's crud, well ... leave it. Go back to your present projects in the prior version, and keep working. 

Then ... when they give information here or elsewhere how to fix the issues you were having, or provide an update, test again.

WHEN it works, then switch to that version.

With Resolve, this is a right massive pain. As ... you can only have one verion installed, NO prior versions, and it updates the database. So ... just to test a new version! ... you have to duplicate your database, uninstall Resolve, install the new version, update the database, test and ... if there's a problem, you have to close, uninstall, dump that converted database, install the previous version, link to your old database, and get back to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 05, 2024 May 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Come on guys, we're still waiting

Votes

Translate

Translate