• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SAVE caption module DEFAULT prefences

Participant ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I add captions to my videos it takes 3 extra unnecessary clicks to create the captions.

1. Selecting the caption preset.

2. Clicking the blue down arrow (it starts closed)

3. Selecting the text style.

It would be great if defaults could be set that "stick".

3 steps may not seem much, but I am doing hundreds of shorts videos so it adds up very quickly.

captions.JPG

Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
10 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

harry,

At first I thought it was working correctly, but it isn't.

If I select a Caption Preset, it is sticky until I restart PR. So that seemed okay. But presets exist per project, so if I used a preset in my first project, and I did not import or copy the preset to the second project, I get "Select an Option" in the Preset dropdown.

And when I open the Captioning Preferences dropdown, that is sticky until I restart PR.

The Text Style is sticky, so at first I did not realize that it is not actually saved with the Caption Preset. If you change from one preset to another or restart PR and have to select your preset again, the text style is not selected. And you can't tell there is a problem unless you open the Captioning Preferences dropdown. And the same restriction applies to that preset not applying to another project that does not have that preset.

So hiding the preferences is not useful unless you are just using the default preset.

There is also an outstanding bug that saving a preset with Double Lines saves it as Single - in fact even on the caption creation during which you save it, it changes back to single. You appear to be using single, so you don't see this issue.

And while testing, I discovered a bug. Text Style = "None" is the default and works fine. But if I select a Text Style and create captions and then select None the next time, it hangs with the Create Captions progress indicator. The X does allow cancelling. Restarting PR clears the problem. But switching to another project results in the hang if you used a text style in the first project and then try to use None in the second.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Stan. Yeah, I've noticed a few issues like that with it.

In a previous version, the module was expanded as default and then they changed it for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting this, Harry and Stan.

I could reproduce this on my end so as well. I logged a bug so we can hopefully fix it soon.

Best,

Kerstin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harry,

we just fixed the bug you mentioned so now the text style should stick to your custom caption preset.

We also fixed the bug where "double" line settings weren't saved correctly, as @Stan Jones mentioned.

The fixes are the latest Beta version, 24.0.0x30, and it will be in the upcoming 24.0 release version.

Please let me know if you still see any issues with custom caption presets.

Thanks,

Kerstin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the latest Beta - 24.1.0 build 2 and the problem is still occurring for me :S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harry,

we're on it! What should be working though is when you create a caption preset with a certain track style, the style should be sticky throughout your editing session. What's currently broken is that the track style is not sticky once you close your project.

I'll keep ypu posted once this is fixed!

Thanks for your input,

Kerstin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Harry S ,

can you please check if you still see the problem in the 24.1.0x27 Beta version? It should be fixed now!

Best,

Kerstin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Still no. It's not maintaining the UPPERCASE setting for text style still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Testing in the 24.1.0.29 build; I am Win10. The Style must be selected each time, even if it shows as the style to be used when the Create Captions dialogue opens. This time, I did no tests regarding Create Caption Presets.

I reset preferences and clear cache before running each new build.

Create a new project, import clip, transcribe as source, create sequence, create captions. (I am using the CC button in the Transcript tab.) Create two styles, "Original Default" which is probably the same as "none," and a Red All Caps Center Zone.

Create captions with style set to "Red." Captions are Red.

Create Captions again, Style in Create Captions dialogue says Red, but it creates a caption track with None.

Note that if I left a caption from the previous track selected, the EGP says the track is Red, but that is reflecting the selected caption from the previous track.

Repeat, style in Create Captions dialogue still says Red, still creates None.

Repeat, and even though Red shows, I reselect Red, captions created with Red.

Repeat, set style to None, creates with None.

Change to Blue and Top, create style.

Create captions, but leave Style set to None. Captions show None.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate