Cant import .mp3 file into premiere

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying to import an audio file that is .mp3, but whenever i try to do it an error shows up saying "there was an error decompressing audio or visual." i have a screenshot

Screenshot (14).png.

Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017
Hi Ghoulnotokyo,Try clearing the Media cache FAQ: How to clean media cache files? & import the mp3 files. If the issue persists, If you have Adobe Audition installation, please use it for conversion. Thanks, Vidya

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ghoulnotokyo,

I understand the issue.

1. Is it happening with all .mp3 files?

2. Have you tried to convert the .mp3 file into wav & try import?

Thanks,

Vidya

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya

Yes this is happening with all .mp3 files. ive tried converting the file into wave using the adobe encoder, but the encoder has the same issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ghoulnotokyo,

Try clearing the Media cache FAQ: How to clean media cache files? & import the mp3 files.

If the issue persists, If you have Adobe Audition installation, please use it for conversion.

Thanks,

Vidya

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are wrong i did it and i still have the same issues

[abuse removed by moderator]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RUBBISH!  Does not work 6/13/2021

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya, I'm having the same problem as him, but I'm on Windows and can't find a way to clear out my cache files. Is there a new video for Windows? Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nik103, the linked video works for windows too! Scroll down and you'll see the folder location in windows. I did those steps but still no luck...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why in the world is this marked as the answer?  It's not a solution at all.  It doesn't even address the issue!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem, all i needed to do was change the file type from mp3, to for examplke and m4a file. Here is a tutorial on how to without any software, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJMfpG5l21E

http://www.facebook.com/Boudreau2010youtubehello, in this video i will show you how to change your audio files to .mp3 files without any software1) go to the...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you... It worked 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines