• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export unusual frame rate

New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a source mp4 file with an unusual 29.744 frame rate. 

Interpret footage is grayed out.

I would like to export it slightly faster at 29.97 fps without blending/creating new frames. Just playing back at a standard slightly faster frame rate. Ideally, the audio would be sped up slightly to maintain sync, but I don't mind drifting slightly out of sync either. How do I do this?

When I export using default settings, it seems to blend some frames together to rebase to the new frame rate.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Your media is Variable Frame Rate media (VFR), common in many smartphones and screen recording software. You won't be able to interpret the footage and increase the frame rate, because, well it's constantly changing anyway. That said, the number you see is just the average frame rate for that clip. Its target was likely 29.97 or 30fps anyway.

Premiere doees support VFR playback and editing, so by default you don't need to do anything extra. Go ahead and edit with it in a 29.97fps sequence and le

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your media is Variable Frame Rate media (VFR), common in many smartphones and screen recording software. You won't be able to interpret the footage and increase the frame rate, because, well it's constantly changing anyway. That said, the number you see is just the average frame rate for that clip. Its target was likely 29.97 or 30fps anyway.

Premiere doees support VFR playback and editing, so by default you don't need to do anything extra. Go ahead and edit with it in a 29.97fps sequence and let Premiere do the work for you. That said, IF you run into issues with playback (and some folks have... because VFR support can still be a bit shakey) you would want to transcode the clip to a constant 29.97fps with Media Encoder. You'd also likely want to do this first if you plan to use a proxy or mezzanine workflow.

Also an extra note: If you want, you can go to the clip's master properties and tell Premiere if it should prioritize A/V sync, or prioritize smooth frame playback.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-work-with-variable-frame-rate-vfr-media-in-pr...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That type of frame-rate indicates the media clip is VFR ... variable frame-rate. You may need to use the free utility app HandBrake to convert the file to CFR ... constant frame-rate.

In Handbrake, make sure to set both a specific numbered frame rate and check the CFR box.

Neil 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines