• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FAQ: I lost my timeline, where do I find it?

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sequence Icon (right)Sequence Icon (right)

Typically, you do not lose a timeline. Instead, it is misplaced or, as we say, "hiding in plain sight."

If you are in Icon View, be sure you can tell the difference between the Clip icon (left) and the Sequence icon (right). Simply, d
ouble click the Sequence icon to reopen your timeline or sequence. Your work is now "found" or restored.

If this is not your issue, please create a new post on the forum describing your issue; screenshots help.

Notes on potentially losing work

Auto Save PreferencesAuto Save PreferencesYou never want to lose work and need to continually to both save and back up your work as you go.

The timeline or sequence you have been working on is rarely deleted or removed accidentally, however, it can happen. That is why you want to enable all the Auto Save preferences, including the one to save a file to Creative Cloud. As an editor, I also use the "Save As" function to create my own set of back up project files.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i lost my saved file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines