Key Command to Load Clip From Bin To Source Monitor

Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone! I consider myself pretty well versed in Premiere and key commands but I haven't been able to figure out if this exists. It would really speed up my workflow for daily selects because I wouldn't have to keep using the mouse to go to the next clip.

Is there a way to use a key command to open the next sequential clip in a bin to the source monitor?

When I'm doing selects I go through and open each clip and mark my I/O and then drop them into a selects sequence. Having to mouse over to the bin and double click on another clip to load it into the source monitor really slows me down.

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 10, 2017
Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee , Sep 10, 2017
Hi ColinDeetEntertainment,Is there a way to use a key command to open the next sequential clip in a bin to the source monitor?When I'm doing selects I go through and open each clip and mark my I/O and then drop them into a selects sequence. I drag all clips from a bin I want to work with to the Source Monitor. They are now "loaded" into the Source Monitor. Next, set Keyboard Shortcuts for Previous/Next Clip for the Source Monitor. I set up Ctrl/CMD L and R arrows as shortcuts to call up clips mu...

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AND --- Bonus question:

Why do some clips open in the source monitor with the transport at the halfway point, while most of them open at the beginning of the clip (as I'd expect all of them to)...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Shift+O to open a clip from your Project to your Source panel. You can set your in & out and move the playhead in your icon view in the Project panel too. If you double-click to open the clip into your Source panel it will use the playhead location you have set in the Project icon view. If you use the keyboard shortcut it will first use the in point of the source clip but once it has been opened in the Source panel it uses the location you last left the playhead in the Source panel.

I like to set my in & out in the icon view of my Project panel then I load all the clips in my Source panel. I added a keyboard shortcut for Next and Previous view to flip through my clips in the Source panel.

Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 2.29.18 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was excited to finally use these keyboard shortcuts (Source Clip: Next / Previous) BUT I was sadly dissapointed when I realized the shortcut isn't bringing me to the "next" or "previous" clip. Instead, it will pull up a random clip, sometimes in a completey different bin / folder. Anyone else having this problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ColinDeetEntertainment,

Is there a way to use a key command to open the next sequential clip in a bin to the source monitor?

When I'm doing selects I go through and open each clip and mark my I/O and then drop them into a selects sequence.

I drag all clips from a bin I want to work with to the Source Monitor. They are now "loaded" into the Source Monitor. Next, set Keyboard Shortcuts for Previous/Next Clip for the Source Monitor. I set up Ctrl/CMD L and R arrows as shortcuts to call up clips much more quickly than having to load them from the Project panel. This way, I don't have to keep selecting the Project panel for select next/previous clips as they are already loaded into Source. Try it.

Get them into the sequence by deploying either the Insert or Overwrite keyboard shortcuts. Dragging them to the Timeline is FAR too slow.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin and Katie, those are both great solutions! And yes, I use Insert and Overwrite to drop clips into the timeline. I hate mousing when I don't have to! Thanks a lot for this - love this community!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin, what option in "Keyboard Shortcuts" do I assign to these keys?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines