Highlighted

Linking media losing in and out points

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experiencing problems over the past couple of days with Premiere projects losing the in and out points to all the clips on the timeline when I relink media. This makes all my sequences unusable. I have made sure to have the Align Timecode and Preserve interpret footage settings checked when linking. At first I thought it might be a change in compatibility with BRAW Studio but it does not happen to every clip and it does not happen to one singular video format. I have this problem on every file type I have tried; R3D, BRAW and CRAW. I have also had this problem on three separate PCs. I can export using Encoder directly with no problems but as soon as I open in Premiere I get the same problem. What’s changed? Has the latest update changed some settings somewhere? Any help gratefully received.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Linking media losing in and out points

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experiencing problems over the past couple of days with Premiere projects losing the in and out points to all the clips on the timeline when I relink media. This makes all my sequences unusable. I have made sure to have the Align Timecode and Preserve interpret footage settings checked when linking. At first I thought it might be a change in compatibility with BRAW Studio but it does not happen to every clip and it does not happen to one singular video format. I have this problem on every file type I have tried; R3D, BRAW and CRAW. I have also had this problem on three separate PCs. I can export using Encoder directly with no problems but as soon as I open in Premiere I get the same problem. What’s changed? Has the latest update changed some settings somewhere? Any help gratefully received.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 13, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PeterD,

Can you test with a new project?

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Yes if I creat a new project set a bunch of in and outs then make media offline - relink and the ins and outs are lost even without closing the application.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin. This is really becoming a major problem for me. I've had to retime my timeline cuts three times now because I work off of an SSD and will eject it and plug it back in frequently. Can this please please PLEASE be fixed soon? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

It seems that Premiere Pro has this bug since 14.0 version. 

See this uservoice we created to ask them to correct this problem, you can upvote and this will give more weight !

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/39708745-cc-2020-timeline-c...

Also we made an article about this : https://autokroma.com/blog/Premiere-Pro-Timeline-Shift-First-Frame-After-Moving-Project-Relinking

Best,

Nicolas from Autorkoma

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2020 1
New Here ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I figured out the problem. It's Hard Drive Drive letters. So if you working on the project, and the drive you working on is Drive E: , wherever you move your footage to, the drive has to be E: as well. Usually drive letters change if you are using an External Drive, so this will cause this bug. So just change the Drive letter untill you get to the one that works. I've had this problem twice and this is how I fixed it on both occasions. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2020 0