• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking media losing in and out points

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experiencing problems over the past couple of days with Premiere projects losing the in and out points to all the clips on the timeline when I relink media. This makes all my sequences unusable. I have made sure to have the Align Timecode and Preserve interpret footage settings checked when linking. At first I thought it might be a change in compatibility with BRAW Studio but it does not happen to every clip and it does not happen to one singular video format. I have this problem on every file type I have tried; R3D, BRAW and CRAW. I have also had this problem on three separate PCs. I can export using Encoder directly with no problems but as soon as I open in Premiere I get the same problem. What’s changed? Has the latest update changed some settings somewhere? Any help gratefully received.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

If people are having this issue recently with Premiere Pro 2023, Adobe seemed to have fixed it in 23.5, see here - https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/fixed-issue-text-based-editing-clips-reset-to-first-frame-after-relink-in-23-4/idi-p/13814912

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PeterD,

Can you test with a new project?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Yes if I creat a new project set a bunch of in and outs then make media offline - relink and the ins and outs are lost even without closing the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin. This is really becoming a major problem for me. I've had to retime my timeline cuts three times now because I work off of an SSD and will eject it and plug it back in frequently. Can this please please PLEASE be fixed soon? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin I just upgraded to Premiere Pro 2023 and now I'm experiencing this problem. Can someone fix this for real... please? I have to get an edit out now and I don't want to have to drive for hours to go back to my office just to do 5 minutes of work because of an Adobe bug that has been arround for 3 years (?) now. What is the fix? Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clay,

This is an old thread, addressing what I assume is a different problem with related symptoms. Or is your problem re Autokroma?

See this

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/known-issue-text-based-editing-clips-reset-to-first...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No my problem is this: I created an edit. I showed it to the client. I backed up the edit onto another drive with all of the media etc. I took that drive home and opened the edit. In that edit, every doesn't have the correct in/out point (they all start from the beginning of the clip and not the in out points that I had set.)

Clay Grier

Sr. Video Editor/Production

Life Science Communications

[https://attachments.office.net/owa/clay.grier%40milliporesigma.com/service.svc/s/GetAttachmentThumbn...]

MilliporeSigma is the U.S. and Canada Life Science business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.

EMD Millipore Corporation | 400 Summit Drive | Burlington, MA 01803 | USA

Phone: +1-978-715-1632 | Mobile: +1 978 436 1931 | Email: clay.grier@milliporesigma.com

Experience our products at www.emdmillipore.com<>

This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment from your system. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its subsidiaries do not accept liability for any omissions or errors in this message which may arise as a result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages resulting from any unauthorized changes of the content of this message and any attachment thereto. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its subsidiaries do not guarantee that this message is free of viruses and does not accept liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted therewith.

Click emdgroup.com/disclaimer<> to access the German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, Polish and Slovak versions of this disclaimer.

Please find our Privacy Statement information by clicking here: emdgroup.com/privacy-statement (U.S.)<> or emdserono.com/privacy-statement (Canada)<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this now too, Clay, and hoping to find the asnwer somewhere in these threads! Incredibly frustrating to lode all of the in/out points this late into an edit!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this issue now. Our second editor gave me her project files incl. assets, and it's usually just a quick process of opening it up on my PC, quickly pointing to the path of the media files (it usually asks, because of file location differences) and done. However, today when I opened her project, all the cut points in her edit shifted to the beginning of each clip. Extremely frustrating, and very worrying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm dealing with this on my team as well. Hoping to find a solution soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out it has to do with transcribed clips in v23.4. Best option is to revert to 23.3 or use a .xml from the original machine.

View the fixes here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/known-issue-text-based-editing-clips-reset-to-first...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same issues. Thanks for this. Everyday I waste so much time fighting Adobe Premiere, such a piece of junk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! For anyone reading, instead of reverting to 23.3, updating to 23.5 fixed the issue since they included the fixes in that update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 23.5 on Mac and I had this problem when using network drives that sometimes would use different names due to different subnets at the same time. I use a laptop with 10gb and sometimes will roam using wifi.

For Example:

MediaDrive would become MediaDrive-1

Accessing media through MediaDrive-1 caused the in and out issue and using the original network mount name resolved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have tried the Align Timecode checked and unchecked. It’s a serious problem for me right now with large projects that will take days to correct by hand waiting to go to clients. If I spend the time going back through and changing it by hand I’m worried that I’ll find myself in the exact same problem when I need to move the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this works. The in and out points are correct after importing from the XML. If I then unlink the project again and use the normal Premiere link the problem reoccurs so there is something wrong in that department. The XML route means I lose all my grade and plugins which makes it hard to use on larger projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

It seems that Premiere Pro has this bug since 14.0 version. 

See this uservoice we created to ask them to correct this problem, you can upvote and this will give more weight !

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/39708745-cc-2020-timeline-c...

Also we made an article about this : https://autokroma.com/blog/Premiere-Pro-Timeline-Shift-First-Frame-After-Moving-Project-Relinking

Best,

Nicolas from Autorkoma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I figured out the problem. It's Hard Drive Drive letters. So if you working on the project, and the drive you working on is Drive E: , wherever you move your footage to, the drive has to be E: as well. Usually drive letters change if you are using an External Drive, so this will cause this bug. So just change the Drive letter untill you get to the one that works. I've had this problem twice and this is how I fixed it on both occasions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you change the letter of the drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bumping this solution as this worked on my end. Having the same issue but when I changed back the drive letter to the previous path, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2023 Jun 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much @UncleScrooch. This worked a treat on Mac also. I changed the name of the drive to the name of the drive I'd had linked previously and worked amazing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After digging we found that it was happening when relinking footages when the media path changed.
So we implemented a tool to relocate your project footages easily available in the BRAW Studio Panel. 
Here is an article for more information : https://www.autokroma.com/blog/Premiere-Pro-Timeline-Shift-First-Frame-After-Moving-Project-Relinkin...
Best,
Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I relink the media, it shifts to the first frame. So I tried using the Automatic Tool in the BRAW Studio Panel but it doesn't say there are any issues. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the 2019 version didn't fix it either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines