• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No captions in 15.0

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the "Caption" menu item doesn't exist under "New >...". I can import captions but can edit them only on the timeline since the "Text" window never appears. 

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019)

Big Sur 11.2.3 (20D91)

2,3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Ok, I got it: it was the Digital Anarchy Transcriptive plugin which disabled some features of Adobe’s new Javascript engine (dubbed New World):

(edited for content: the engineering team has asked to remove all references to internal debug tools).

Beware Transcriptive users!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no New -> Captions item in PR 2021. Click on the Captions Workspace and start from there.

Here's the new caption workflow reference guide.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.ug.htm...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. The problem is that the "Text" panel doesn't appear. I tried resetting workspaces, deleting preferences, nothing happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.

Does the Text Panel appear in the list under Windows? Even if it doesn't open?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it does. Trying to uninstall and re-install again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I got it: it was the Digital Anarchy Transcriptive plugin which disabled some features of Adobe’s new Javascript engine (dubbed New World):

(edited for content: the engineering team has asked to remove all references to internal debug tools).

Beware Transcriptive users!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. Thanks for reporting on this. I'll bet it's getting some other users.

The "new world" has been coming to the Adobe code for some time. I guess it's here!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so is the solution to uninstall Transcriptive? I just got Premiere 15.4 and want to use the speech-to-text and I also don't get a text window to appear no matter what I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's see if someone who knows checks in...

It looks to me like Transcriptive may be turning off New World. So even if you uninstall it, it may be off. Contact their support for information.

@flablo @Bruce Bullis Suggestion?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transcriptive gives the option. Just don't do it.
Here is the response from support:

> What version of Transcriptive are you working in? The latest version here has a toggle in the Preferences menu that lets you turn New World on or off (it doesn't turn it off automatically): https://digitalanarchy.com/downloads/transcriptive_251_Pr.dmg
>
> Transcriptive works with New World on these days -- you may experience some slower loading of transcripts in Clip Mode but the major bugs have been fixed. Let us know if you're running into any issues.

Fabio Bressan

www.fabiobressan.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I heard from engineering. In addition to uninstalling the plug-in, they said to delete the Debug Database.txt file in the Preferences folder. Let us know if that does the trick.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines