• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening Premiere 2020 Project file in Premiere 2021 "fill right with left" issue

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exclusively use adobe Media Encoder to export from premiere so when media encoder auto-updated, I was forced to update premiere to the 2021 version. I opened a project that I was in the middle of in 2021 premiere and it saved as a new version which it does every time I update. So, I didn't expect to have a problem and it shocked me when my audio wasn't playing. I narrowed down the problem to the "fill right with left" effect I had on my audio. Somehow, the 2021 version of Premiere swapped the "fill right with left" effect to "fill left with right" effect, making my audio disappear. and deleting the effect and reapplying it fixes the issue. Hopefully someone can find this useful!

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that is interesting.. thanks for posting that here. I'm sure somebody will find it useful until it gets fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I was wracking my brain trying to figure out why my dialogue disappeared but the music was still playing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

happened to me too! and this is a huge issue when trying to use auto transcriptions 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was wondering between right to left and left to right after update.thanks for the info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just updated Premiere pro to the 2021 version. I edit a project, saved it and I can't find the sequences anymore. What should I do. Please help! It took me a while to edit these sequences. I don't want to re-edit from scratch :((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines