Exit

project was saved in newer version issue

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the latest release Premiere V15.2 

I have worked on the file again and again 

Today it showing "project was saved in newer version issue, can not open the file"

WHAT TO DO????!!!

You start by asking in that forum

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

The current public Beta (15.4) is the same "version" of PR. I just tried it, and a Beta project file opens fine in PR 15.2.

Hussain, do you have another version of PR installed on your computer (e.g. PR 2020.9.0)? Or are you using more than one computer to open projects? If so, open version 15.2, and then File -> Open Project and navigate to the current version of your project file.

Backup BEFORE. Anytime I run into issues, I create backups of everything.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++++ Make a Copy of your project with a New Name in the same folder as the original ++++

1) Right-Click the COPY of the project and from the 7-Zip menu select “Open Archive”
2) In 7-Zip there is one file same name as the project – Right-Click the file and select EDIT*
3) On the fourth line change the Version = “??” Change the number portion to “1” Save and Close
4) 7-Zip will ask you if you want to update that file in the archive, Select OK

That’s it! When you open the project Premiere Pro will say it is from a Previous Version, and will give it a new name as usual.

This post has a bit more info...
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/open-premiere-project-in-older-version-downgrade-project...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Myer, do you have any idea how this could happen? This user says they are running 15.2. There is no newer version. I assumed they might have opened an older version of PR? 

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Stan, that sounds right. I'm not sure then. Could they have run the Beta? I haven't been, so don't know how that is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current public Beta (15.4) is the same "version" of PR. I just tried it, and a Beta project file opens fine in PR 15.2.

Hussain, do you have another version of PR installed on your computer (e.g. PR 2020.9.0)? Or are you using more than one computer to open projects? If so, open version 15.2, and then File -> Open Project and navigate to the current version of your project file.

Backup BEFORE. Anytime I run into issues, I create backups of everything.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Stan! 

Yes, after I checked,  I found out that there to version on MAC 2020 & 2021 

When I were opening the file by clicking it, it was trying to open it by the 2020 version 

Thanks again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*two

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. I followed the answer below, by opening finder - type in search bar     .prproj        - look through your applications. I had two Premiere Pro Applications - i didnt realise until then. One said 'Adobe Premiere Pro 2020', The other one said, 'Adobe Premiere Pro 2022'. So i moved the 2020 to the bin. I hope this helps. Thanks for the answer below. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines