• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

For HTML5 Layouts, which file controls the tooltips for Table of Contents, Index, and other tabs?

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am generating the output using HTML5 Layout for my French project. I am able to see some tooltip appears translated and some appears in English. I would like to understand which file controls these tooltip strings such that we can manually fix it or guide the translators to translate it. Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The labels are in a language file, there may be multiple depending on how many languages you've set up. How you access it depends on the version of Robohelp you're using, but mostly under Project Settings > Advanced and either LNG File or Labels tab.  RH 2019 New is different, and has a Labels option in the Output view.

In Windows Explorer, the file will have the extension LNG.

(On a side note, my high school French remembers 'index' as a french masculine noun meaning 'index'...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I changed the entry in the .lng file for index and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp