• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the background color of the "Display results with all search words" area? I can't find it as an option in the Layout Customization tool.

Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change background.png

I'm willing to go into layout.css if someone can point me to the right location in there. I can change just about everything else in the Layout Customization tool, but not that. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhere in the Netherlands I saw a flash of Willam van Weelden‌ Changing into his superhero clothing!

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird... No it's a plane... No it's...CAPTAIN CSS!

Faster than an Intel i7 processor!

Able to format mountains of paragraphs in a single click!

Help us dear Willam, you're our ONLY hope!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is of course an easy way, but I'll keep that for last.

In the CSS, it's the selector body.media-desktop div.searchbar-extra that sets the background for the containing DIV. And the ANDSearch inherits from the container. In the SCSS, it's set on line 1638, with the variable $border-color (background-color: $border-color;).

There is no separate background from the desktop searchbar. But if you want that, in CSS: body.media-desktop div.searchbar-extra div.searchAND.layout-visible. In the SCSS, add it on line 1696.

Note: Line numbers are for the Azure Blue layout.

There is also an easy way to change it, through the setting Search background color. But it sets the background of the search field container:

2016-02-09_14-10-43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks to both Rick and Willam for your prompt replies. I really appreciate it.

You did lose me there, Willam, though I did try, but I'm new to the CSS code.

In my case, guess I need to learn a bit more by delving deeper. I may have been close, but I don't know for sure... 

Meantime, I'm leaving the black background as-is. Hopefully, one of these days, I'll have a joyful "ah-ha" moment! Will strive to reply in the affirmative when I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp